Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I had the opportunity to test ride a Victory 8 Ball and the Gunner. The first turn I scraped the 8 Ball's pipes at a low speed. I hit the rev-limiter in first while waiting for it to move. Then I hit the rev-limiter in second and third. I then road the Gunner which was a little quicker and felt better to ride. I was very disappointed and surprised with the lack of power and torque of both motorcycle's. I once considered buying a Victory Motorcycle and if I had purchased one it would have been a huge mistake. I understand that my FZ-09 and Victory Motorcycles are two very different bikes and I might prefer a Victory Gunner (repainted given I hate matte paint) for a long ride. If I had to keep it to ride, I would not trade my FZ-09 for any Victory motorcycle stock. This is not written to bash Victory Motorcycles or their owners. I came away from the test rides with a renewed heart-felt appreciation for my Yamaha.
Want what you have not have what you want.
Ride Well!

:color: :cool: :color:

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
That is a little strange, my brother rides a Victory Hammer with that 106 ci / 1731 cc V-Twin, specs at 97 HP & 110 ft-lb of torque????

I think the red line of those big V-Twins is only 5600 RPM. All those big twins are torque monsters that are not meant to rev out like smaller displacement V-Twin sport bikes. They make all there torque down low in the rpm's. You barely have to rev it to take off from the lights.

It's not my cup of tea, but it is a nice bike if a big cruiser is your thing.

And in case you don't know it, Polaris own's Victory and Indian Motorcycles.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2011/05/09/polaris-industries-buys-indian-motorcycle-industry-news/

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
The Indian that's making all the noise is The Scout -- 535lbs dry....not too big, lol

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2015 Victory 8 Ball 747.37 LBS dry Price $17999 with 106 ft-lb of torque HP 97 Yes "it is a nice bike if a big cruiser is your thing." The two I rode did not feel like torque monsters to me. I did make them pull down low and the entire RPM range. I rode each for a half hour from idle to 105mph. I am not putting Victory Motorcycles down; rather, I simply shared my impression after a test ride(s). I own a 2012 Polaris 850 XP EPS Limited Edition. I wish it ran like my FZ-09.
:color: :cool: :color:

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
My buddy has one of those big fat tire Victory's with the 106CI engine.....my little 74CI Sportster engine tears him up....I think they advertise like 115 HP and 100Ft Lbs of TQ..My bike is advertised at 68HP and 72Tq....

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
It is all about the power to weight ratio.

Reactions: Steve101
1 - 8 of 8 Posts