Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, those are perfect. They do show that the weights are rubber isolated and have room to move. In theory those should work really well.

So who's going to try putting the late model bars on the earlier bikes? It looks like the inserts are pressed into the bars and aren't available separately from Yamaha. The bar ends are of course. Has anyone compared the bend on the gen 2 bars vs the gen 3's?

I also wonder if Yamaha went to this damper design because there IS some inherent vibration in this new engine? Seems like there's been a few comments on vibration from a couple different sources? The abnormally high bar mounts can also be a factor if this vibration is only felt in the hands.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Found some rubber isolated bar end mounts that Yamaha used in a whole bunch of bikes. Not sure if they'd fit the FZ/MT bars but they might. I think I'll order a couple just for future fabrication projects if nothing else, the design could be used for isolating all kinds of things.
Rubber isolators...

Actually found another more common part number...
4XV-23434-00-00

Another part number for rubber isolated bar mounts

Now I'm not saying everyone should run out and mess with their bar ends. lol. I just thought the design looked like it would work much better in theory than the regular solid mounted bar ends. I ordered a couple of the 4XV mounts just for kicks and other projects. Unfortunately all of that does nothing to help the OP. lol. Sorry.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, those are perfect. They do show that the weights are rubber isolated and have room to move. In theory those should work really well.

So who's going to try putting the late model bars on the earlier bikes? It looks like the inserts are pressed into the bars and aren't available separately from Yamaha. The bar ends are of course. Has anyone compared the bend on the gen 2 bars vs the gen 3's?

I also wonder if Yamaha went to this damper design because there IS some inherent vibration in this new engine? Seems like there's been a few comments on vibration from a couple different sources? The abnormally high bar mounts can also be a factor if this vibration is only felt in the hands.
I think you're on to something with your last paragraph. Doesn't appear that earlier models have the same issues to require the later model bars.

The new engines are bigger. Larger bore, stroke...maybe both? I don't know, but either one could result in more vibes. Bigger pistons jumping up and down, or a longer crank throwing them further. Might explain why Yamaha seems to be addressing harmonics more than before.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thanks for asking.
It’s been a long time but I was very busy with my house renovation.
I took her to my Yamaha dealer for a 5000km service (oil & filter) and after that it feels a bit better but not by much. The gear shifter definitely better and crispier than before.
Feels like this bike need a much longer time to brake in.
Let’s see what happens after the 10.000km service which includes valve syncs and I will also ask them to put a new pair of Michelin Road 6 on.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts