Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple months ago I had my ECU flashed by Flash Tune Inc. I'm running a m4 slip on and they did the flash for a slip on exhaust. The bike ran great except at low speeds like riding around town. Even my B mode was not as smooth as it was from the factory. Standard and A mode felt almost identical to me. The on/off throttle was driving me nuts. I was considering getting the factory reflash but I contacted vcyclenut first.

Last Monday I sent my ecu to vcyclenut and had him do the flash for my m4. I got quick turn A mode, smooth standard mode, and reduced traction B mode. After installing my ecu and going for a ride I have to say that vcyclenuts flash is much better than the one from Flash Tune that cost me $200. B mode is so smooth it makes the bike almost feel slow, and the jerky throttle response is gone. This is what I wanted for riding around town, especially 2up. Standard mode is probably where I will ride the most. A mode quick turn is a lot of fun and the power comes on fast. I like the fact that all three mode are distinctly different now. Anyone considering a flash should contact vcyclenut before spending more money elsewhere. His communication and customer service were top notch.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Sounds like more than a fuel map...

Standard Flashing Service:(Slip-On)

- Remove Throttle-by-Wire restrictions
- Standard engine braking reduction
- Disable Injector Decel Cut
- Professional fuel map modification to suit exhaust
- Removal of all gear based or speed dependent restrictions, TRE
- Optimized timing maps for 91+ octane
- Disable AIS valve (always closed)
- Reduce Fan Temps 205°F

They don't have any options per say. That is one thing I appreciate about vcyclenut, that it is a custom flash that you choose, you have options for each mode. I'm almost welcoming the cold weather, so I can get the Akra and flash... :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
...... Anyone considering a flash should contact vcyclenut before spending more money elsewhere. His communication and customer service were top notch.
I couldn't agree more, about 3 weeks ago I sent him my ECU and he turned it around quickly. I have the stock exhaust and the bike felt transformed with the exception of some herky/jerky stuff between 4 & 5K rpm. I contacted David and he offered to make it right ASAP. I haven't sent the ECU back yet coz the FZ-09 is my daily driver, but I have every confidence that he will set it right when I do get around to sending it back to him in the next week or so

His communication and customer service are stellar and the value if off the charts... Bravo!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Thats too bad, not sure what map they gave you, but I believe Flash tune is now providing a new map that was just developed by Graves motorsports. You'll have to call them to confirm. I don't recall my last flash being that abrupt, but I do know my new Graves flash has a considerable improvement over the last one. Best of all, no speed limiter!

Also, Graves is providing a fuel map that's been developed on the street for almost a year. No dyno tuning can come close to it.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I can back that up Tunnel. The FT is quite rough on tye lower RPM compare to Nicks flash. I've been scratching my head for a bit now trying to smooth thing up with the fuel map. Getting to a point where it manageable but no where like Nicks flash. I haven't test Vs flash so its hard for me to compare...

Maybe the new Grave flash fix those few issues.

·
Vendor
1,011 Posts
Thats too bad, not sure what map they gave you, but I believe Flash tune is now providing a new map that was just developed by Graves motorsports. You'll have to call them to confirm. I don't recall my last flash being that abrupt, but I do know my new Graves flash has a considerable improvement over the last one. Best of all, no speed limiter!

Also, Graves is providing a fuel map that's been developed on the street for almost a year. No dyno tuning can come close to it.
I also can disable the speedlimiter just not in the $80 flash. My maps were also developed on the street no the dyno. I only use the dyno to confirm my 100% throttle settings make best power. The rest is all
Done riding my own personal bike

·
Vendor
1,011 Posts
I couldn't agree more, about 3 weeks ago I sent him my ECU and he turned it around quickly. I have the stock exhaust and the bike felt transformed with the exception of some herky/jerky stuff between 4 & 5K rpm. I contacted David and he offered to make it right ASAP. I haven't sent the ECU back yet coz the FZ-09 is my daily driver, but I have every confidence that he will set it right when I do get around to sending it back to him in the next week or so

His communication and customer service are stellar and the value if off the charts... Bravo!
Get me that Ecu back so I can get that fixed for ya!!

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Haterz gonna hate.

If you only charged 4x as much as you do, people would respect you. They don't question, or make wild assumptions about the $350 flashes do they?

Higher cost = more legit

Because that is what mass marketing has convinced us of.

Thanks vcycle for proving that high quality and high price, don't go hand in hand. Sometimes you just pay more, for less, because they know price creates the illusion of better quality.

You also provide a fuel map for what is becoming the most popular full exhaust, the Akra Carbon. Like your flash, the performance and value of the Akra is unparalleled.

I could buy a $1200 exhaust, and a $200 flash. Sadly, it would be no better than a $700 exhaust and $80 flash. Cost only makes something better, when you are the guy that paid 2x more than you had to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
Fizzerpilot
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
We’re the largest Yamaha forum for owners and enthusiasts of the FZ-09 and MT-09. The site has thousands of topics covering performance and reliability, photos, videos and more!
Full Forum Listing