Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thread revival!

So I have a vcyclenut flash on my 2014 with a full Hindle system. I can't remember which options I selected for the O2 sensor, the AIS, and the injector decel cut (although probably all yes/disable), but my bike pops and burbles like crazy, to the point that it's embarrassing. Most of the time it's a pretty loud burble, but every so often it's a full on back fire/explosion which is really loud. Not sure what to do about it, it tends to happen more in colder weather. It seems to have gotten worse over time. Any suggestions? David?

·
Vendor
1,011 Posts
Thread revival!

So I have a vcyclenut flash on my 2014 with a full Hindle system. I can't remember which options I selected for the O2 sensor, the AIS, and the injector decel cut (although probably all yes/disable), but my bike pops and burbles like crazy, to the point that it's embarrassing. Most of the time it's a pretty loud burble, but every so often it's a full on back fire/explosion which is really loud. Not sure what to do about it, it tends to happen more in colder weather. It seems to have gotten worse over time. Any suggestions? David?
do you have block off plates??

the flash just disables the AIS and can still leak, if it is popping you have air getting into the exhaust,

usually through the ais system, ive seen lots of plates installed and leak so be sure they are installed correctly

·
Registered
37 Posts
mpg

I've got the hindle with vcyclenut flash as well. A little bit of burbling on decel but never any pops. I installed block off plates though.
Curious, how is fuel econemy vs stock exhaust/flash? im getting the flash from him either way... hes been super at responding to me everytime i ask anything.

·
Vendor
1,011 Posts
Curious, how is fuel econemy vs stock exhaust/flash? im getting the flash from him either way... hes been super at responding to me everytime i ask anything.

fuel economy is not a parameter I look at when developing a flash. I set the fuel where it needs to be for best performance and throttle response. As many people have shown though a well tuned bike is still an efficient bike and will still get similar fuel mileage depending on the riding conditions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got my ECU back and installed, so stoked! I went with the recommended settings and have it start in standard. Combined with a Dominator slip on, my bike is so much more alive. The horrible open/close/open jerkiness is gone and replaced with a nice smooth pull. Still some small popping on decel at lower rpm, but I still have the ais installed (even though it is disabled). Plates coming soon.

Thank you Dave.

·
Vendor
1,011 Posts
Dave is the man! When I had my suspension set up by Phil at Aftershocks, he took it on a test ride, came back and said, "you should hug whoever did that tune for you". So, Dave? Virtual hug coming your way.
I love when a totally independent person gives feedback like that!!

thanks for the hug!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
First ride with my ECU, and AIS blockoff plates installed.

I have a M4 RM1 full exhaust system with out baffle installed. I’m about 200lbs and have been riding street for 19 years. I have already upgraded the suspension and I’m a competent rider.

The abruptness of the FZ09 reminded me a lot of my Yz250 so I wasn’t as disturbed as a lot of people by its on off throttle transitions, OR SO I THOUGHT... David’s Tune has made the bike a lot easier to enjoy, and the bike feels a lot smoother. As for power, the bike pulls harder and Accelerates to its new top speed a lot quicker. I had blocked off the AIS tube and rode a few times last season with the exhaust, untuned and the bike is a lot happier with the tune.

David, my one note is you’re hole size for the AIS plates is “too precise” I had a hell of a time trying to get both the bolts started so I drilled them out the next bit size and the bolts started super easy.

·
Registered
159 Posts
First ride with my ECU, and AIS blockoff plates installed.

I have a M4 RM1 full exhaust system with out baffle installed. I’m about 200lbs and have been riding street for 19 years. I have already upgraded the suspension and I’m a competent rider.

The abruptness of the FZ09 reminded me a lot of my Yz250 so I wasn’t as disturbed as a lot of people by its on off throttle transitions, OR SO I THOUGHT... David’s Tune has made the bike a lot easier to enjoy, and the bike feels a lot smoother. As for power, the bike pulls harder and Accelerates to its new top speed a lot quicker. I had blocked off the AIS tube and rode a few times last season with the exhaust, untuned and the bike is a lot happier with the tune.

David, my one note is you’re hole size for the AIS plates is “too precise” I had a hell of a time trying to get both the bolts started so I drilled them out the next bit size and the bolts started super easy.
I'm assuming those holes are tight tolerance for alignment. Did you undo your radiator to make room for installation of the bolts?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
19 Participants
astcyr
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
We’re the largest Yamaha forum for owners and enthusiasts of the FZ-09 and MT-09. The site has thousands of topics covering performance and reliability, photos, videos and more!
Full Forum Listing