Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Miami and decided to ride over to Vcyclenut in Fort Myers (2.5 hr ride) for the flash. So I got to his place and within 20 mins the flash was done and the bike was running again. Vcycle himself was really friendly and very knowledge of on bikes. All around he is a good and trustworthy guy.

Now to the important stuff the flash itself. First a little info on my bike its FZ with Carbon Akra and everything else is stock including the suspension, I'm also a 210-220 lbs rider. The options I picked was a mode = quick turn, std mode = smooth, b mode = reduced traction, 70 mph cruise control , and disabled injector decel cut . I asked to leave the AIS enable because I like the pop and the flame the carbon shoots out at night. :cool:

B mode = seems slower than stock b mode but that's whats it's meant for. I would say it's like driving a super smooth 400cc bike. This is useful for bad weather riding or riding over grass/dirt. A another use would be a for a new rider could to get use to the bike before jumping into the other modes.

Std mode= Gets rid of nearly all the choppiness we all know of. To me it seems a bit quicker but not by much more than stock Std Mode. Also the heavy engine breaking greatly reduced which is very peasant to me.Overall I would only use this mode if want to take it easy or letting a competent friend test ride it.

A mode= This mode is insanely fast the bike true feels like turbo charged. On the factory suspension settings I would power wheelie fairly easily from all the squating the bike did. After I maxed out the preload on the rear it pretty much went away with factory a mode. With Vcyclenet flash I found myself power wheelies have came back in 1,2 and 3rd gear. The power is very predictable have the confidence to do it every time :laughing6:. I thought the engine was great before but now its pretty much prefect. Now the next thing will be tackling the suspension.

Cruise control just works. On the ride back from ft myers I easy drove 50 miles with it on with no issues. Some of the mile where hands free ... :sad8:

I'm 100% satisfied with the flash any recommend to anyone.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Nice write up on the new tune. I also had mine done on a completely stock bike from him recently, but due to a foot cast unable to test it yet. Sounds like the exhaust tune you had installed was very good as well. To operate the cruise control feature you just excel pass 70 mph in 5th gear then let the throttle return back to close for it to work?

·
Vendor
1,529 Posts
Nice write up on the new tune. I also had mine done on a completely stock bike from him recently, but due to a foot cast unable to test it yet. Sounds like the exhaust tune you had installed was very good as well. To operate the cruise control feature you just excel pass 70 mph in 5th gear then let the throttle return back to close for it to work?
get close to 70 mph and close the throttle and it will grab it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts