Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading all of the reviews of his work I was dead set on who I wanted to flash my bike. I found out he'd be in town this week and got in touch with him so we could meet up instead of shipping the ecu off to him and the bike being down for a week. I met him in atlanta this afternoon at his hotel, we took the ecu out together (he did most of the work though :la:) and 15 minutes later I had a new bike! I say that because holy crap does this flash make a difference. A mode is not jerky anymore, and I thought myself to be pretty smooth with it. Theres a noticeable power difference aswell. I dont really care whether there is or isn't a power difference, the bike feels a good bit faster, it's really something.

As for David himself, the guy couldn't be nicer or more professional. He was willing to drive an hour out of his way to come to my house to flash the ecu, but I just don't have the space here to get it done, so we settled on his hotel. That speaks volumes to me because he's willing to go the extra mile(or 30) for a customer, while on vacation no less.

When I get my akra exhaust I'll be sending my ecu back to him for the akra carbon map and speed limiter removal for sure. I highly recommend him

·
Banned
486 Posts
nice. after i get my front tire im thinking about getting his ecu flash done. im not usually into modding my toys but this seems so necessary and for 80 bucks biggest bang for the buck

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
After reading all of the reviews of his work I was dead set on who I wanted to flash my bike. I found out he'd be in town this week and got in touch with him so we could meet up instead of shipping the ecu off to him and the bike being down for a week. I met him in atlanta this afternoon at his hotel, we took the ecu out together (he did most of the work though :la:) and 15 minutes later I had a new bike! I say that because holy crap does this flash make a difference. A mode is not jerky anymore, and I thought myself to be pretty smooth with it. Theres a noticeable power difference aswell. I dont really care whether there is or isn't a power difference, the bike feels a good bit faster, it's really something.

As for David himself, the guy couldn't be nicer or more professional. He was willing to drive an hour out of his way to come to my house to flash the ecu, but I just don't have the space here to get it done, so we settled on his hotel. That speaks volumes to me because he's willing to go the extra mile(or 30) for a customer, while on vacation no less.

When I get my akra exhaust I'll be sending my ecu back to him for the akra carbon map and speed limiter removal for sure. I highly recommend him
We all told ya so...lol

$80 well spent. Congrats.

Bee sure and save some $$$$ cuz now that it's more fun to gas her hard, you will be burning through tires much faster than before.

I am on my 6th set in 13k miles.

·
Super Moderator
4,417 Posts
Glad you got with him and that you are pleased with the results. David was the first to step up with a substantial coupon for the ECR Prize Giveaway.

I'm just sorry that he had sketchy weather for his trip to north Georgia. Next week looks like pretty good riding weather.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The weather has sucked pretty bad lately, I can't wait to get out and really test the flash out. Haven't even tried standard or B mode yet, A is too fun :D

Reactions: ridetofish

·
Super Moderator
4,417 Posts
I'm scared of A mode. :eek: And if you make it to the ECR, you're riding with SliderR1 and Rexster!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha, are they the crazy guys? I'm not good enough to ride with the crazy guys

·
Registered
77 Posts
To piggyback on what the OP said, David is really a class act. I was able to have my ECU flashed yesterday at his hotel as well. I think im in love with the Quick Turn A mode I got!

·
Registered
654 Posts
+1 on the quick turn a mode being a hoot. I am very happy with Davids work and he had great communication, letting me know exactly when it was done and when to expect it back

Reactions: vcyclenut

·
Vendor
1,556 Posts
glad I was able to hook up with both you guys and get your bike hooked up. Was great meeting both of you. The week of riding got washed out :( but wow I had a great time at the concert!! Got right up front for my favorite band, primus, and hung with the kiddies all day!!

the pic pretty much sums it up, not sure why its sideways, lol, maybe that's says something about my condition at the time, I don't get to cut loose often

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts