Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Valter Moto 2.5 rear sets

8K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  maryleejayne 
#1 ·
Has someone taken the rear sets off yet? ! I need a quick walk through. Top bolt on the clutch rearset is throwing me off.... :(

Dying to put these on.. Please advise..

#2 ·
They are held on by the swing arm pivot bolt. Nut is on the right side, but I would imagine that the bike would need to be supported, chain loosened to remove this. The bolt passes through a few collars and other parts too. I have not done it, but would not touch this unless you have a torque wrench and a way to suspend the back of the bike at at a minimum.

Reactions: RichBaker
#3 ·
AND the front of the bike.

It would seem to me that if the bike was supported on a rear stand it would collapse once the swingarm bolt was pushed out.

Just brainstorming here, but if it were me I'd have some jack stands unter my Woodcraft frame sliders, the rear stand under the bike, and the rear tire/wheel removed. I think I'd try to hang the rear of the bike via the rear footpegs as well. That way once the swingarm bolt comes out the bike doesn't fall on the floor. You want to take some weight off the rear end though so the bolt will come out easier.
I would imagine no matter what you do, once that bolt comes out things WILL shift and realigning it all to put the bolt back will be tricky.

#5 ·
The way the rearsets are attached to this bike is completely asinine and is one of the main reasons why so few people have expressed interest in replacing them. Quite a few people have bought those same rearsets you have only to turn around and sell them on ebay/classifieds AFTER they found out how much of a pain it would be replace them.

#7 ·
Yamaha has done it this way for YEARS! My FJ12 is the same way..... Anyone with half a mechanically inclined brain can do the job in a couple hours.

#10 ·
Hey you sorry for the late reply. I've been trying to stay away from the forum bulls hit but here is what the look like...
To be honest they are a nice addition to my fz. I've bought a few valter moto items and these rear sets. I got the 2.5 so that I can adjust the to my feet accordingly. It's been awhile since I have them so I kinda forgot how the stock rear sets feel

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.