Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent my ECU to Nick to get re-flashed. Nick turned it around pronto, and it got all the way back to the USPS sort facility in my city. It left there and never made it to my post office. Fortunately, I had it insured for $800, so the big pain in the butt is having to find another one and start over, and file a claim with USPS. And the down time, it will be 3 weeks tomorrow since I removed it and sent it to Nick. The weather here has been great for the last 2 weeks while I was hoping USPS would find it. It hasn't been scanned since the 13th and tomorrow will be long enough to file a claim. I just hope I can find somebody online that has one in stock. Does anybody have any solid recommendations?

Mike

·
Registered
224 Posts
lol, daaaaang so sorry bro. USPS's incompetence never surprises me. you should see how they handle international packaged :/

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
things like ecu's aren't normally kept in stock no matter where you shop, so expect to wait a while for it.

the upside is, you can order it online for under $600 so you'll be up $200 or so.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
That sucks!

Keep an eye out. Spring is coming fast... Unfortunately I'm sure few 09 will end in the ebay part bin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
was it shipped express mail?
Express mail tracking is from beginning to end and signature required unless waived.
&
Insurance is included with express mail.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
was it shipped express mail?
Express mail tracking is from beginning to end and signature required unless waived.
&
Insurance is included with express mail.
He said that he insured it for $800, which would lead me to believe that he used Priority Flat Rate Mail, what do you think?

Still the USPS sucks in a bad way.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He said that he insured it for $800, which would lead me to believe that he used Priority Flat Rate Mail, what do you think?
Correct!

The insurance included with express mail would not cover this amount.

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts