Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we are planing a nice ride in june from Saguenay, Qc, Canada to the famous Dragon Tail. (6,000km total / 11 days of riding)
I'm proud to say that we will be in New York to watch a Yankees baseball game. Soooo excited!

So the plan is to sleep in (or around) New York. I'm looking for an afordable (not "ugly" cheap) motorcycle friendly hôtel.
I was googling it when the result showed "Days Inn Bronx Near Stadium... Their website say "Parking Motorcycle". I thought that would mean "secured motorcycle parking"...

I did went to Google Maps and zoom in to look "around". Well not sure it's a good idea...
Metropolitan area Urban area Transport Urban design Metropolis

So to you my motrocycle friend, may I ask where would you rest in this area?
Could be outside of New York but would like to be near an easy public transportation.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Get a motel room on the first floor at night, and wheel the bikes in quickly.

Done it, just have to be sneaky. LOL

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Leaving the MC's outside anywhere within an hour's ride of Yankee Stadium is a prescription for ending your excursion early.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
4,412 Posts
If you examine the Member Map, you will see that there is one member very close to the House That George Built and several others near by. Maybe you could PM those folks and get some sense of what's cool.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
If you examine the Member Map, you will see that there is one member very close to the House That George Built and several others near by. Maybe you could PM those folks and get some sense of what's cool.
I know that area and nothing's Cool besides a locked garage...Any compromise here will result the realization that nothing was cool and now the Bikes are Hot.:(

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get a motel room on the first floor at night, and wheel the bikes in quickly.

Done it, just have to be sneaky. LOL
Well I thought about that but we are 4 rider... Super Ténéré, R1200GS, Vstrom 1000 and "my little" FZ. Those 3 adventure bike are huge.
Not impossible to get them in the room but... :p

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a bad idea, will keep that in mind, thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well I thought about that but we are 4 rider... Super Ténéré, R1200GS, Vstrom 1000 and "my little" FZ. Those 3 adventure bike are huge.
Not impossible to get them in the room but... :p
Well, you're good then! Those big azz adv. bikes weigh more than a smart car, they ain't going anywhere... LOL

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You could find a hotel/airbnb in Harlem and take public transportation (fastest route) to the stadium as gameday should clog everything else there.
But if you are looking for secured parking, you may want to check out some apps- my favorite is this one: http://smoothparking.com/- you can find free/metered parking. Chain all the bikes and they are not going anywhere.
If you feel more safe putting them in a garage, there are many of them all over....use apps like ny best parking etc.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Another idea is get a long metal security cable and feed it through all four bikes' frames. A lot of motorcycle dealerships and bicycle stores do this. So if they want to steal one bike they have to take all four. In addition make sure everyone use wheel locks for the night. All this coupled with the bike being right in front of your door to your hotel room, you should be fine. If that is not an option, use the cable and wheels locks, and park them in a parking garage.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Leaving the MC's outside anywhere within an hour's ride of Yankee Stadium is a prescription for ending your excursion early.:cool:
not true at all.... lock them up and no one is going to mess with them

don't believe everything you see on the news....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts