Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have pulled the trigger on an M4 slip on, ordered from Motomummy.

My question if anyone is able to quickly answer, is that I have been contacted by a salesperson there at Motomummy, and he has offered me the optional insert and snap ring for this muffler for a fee of US$46?!?!?!?

Firstly I was under the impression that the M4 slip on comes with the insert/db killer installed already, and secondly is it not held in place via an allen key.......not a snap ring?

I just want to confirm from those that have purchased this slip on, that it indeed comes with the db killer included in the package. Part number of the system is M4 YA6914.

Thankyou in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sounds like he's confused which system you're getting. I just put the M4 on my wife's ZX6R and I bought the optional insert and a snap ring.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I think he may have been thinking I had ordered the GP slip on.

Thanks again for your replies all, you make a concerned man happy!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried to remove the DB killer but it is so tight I felt like i would strip the fastener if pushed any harder....anyone else with this problem?

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I tried to remove the DB killer but it is so tight I felt like i would strip the fastener if pushed any harder....anyone else with this problem?
Mine came right out.....and went right back in after a short road test...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine was pretty tight as well. I let the bike idle for a couple minutes, then pulled it out, have since put anti seize grease on it which seems to help a bit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts