Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per title, need stock rear brake lever bushing, washers, and lock nut. Yamaha USA has a parts back order and these parts are needed to wrap up testing on the new Woodcraft rearsets (the ones we've been working forever).

Parts will be returned to you as soon as the new ones from Yami show up.

Anyone?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
How long do you need it for? I could ride your place if what you need can be done in a day. Let me know.

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question beck, and thanks for the offer. I'd need the parts for a few days to get a functional brake (road and/or track testing purposes). This request is a long shot in the dark, but hoping someone with crashed damaged spares or stock take-offs has this stuff laying around.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Good question beck, and thanks for the offer. I'd need the parts for a few days to get a functional brake (road and/or track testing purposes). This request is a long shot in the dark, but hoping someone with crashed damaged spares or stock take-offs has this stuff laying around.
if you're in a pinch - you can keep my bike for a few days if needed and i'll have someone follow me down to your place to bring me back home. Just preferably not this weekend as i didnt get to ride last weekend and I'm itching to get out! :)

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really appreciate that. I'm planning to have the bike at the track on 6/27 and 6/28, so let's reassess as that date gets closer. If Yamaha still hasn't come through and no one else has a spare, I might take you up on that very generous offer for the weekend. I'd even be willing to swing by your place and pick the parts up to save you the trouble.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I wonder if any of the UK dealers have the parts in stock for the MT-09? Might cost a little more, but if they have the parts and they can get them to you fast??? just a thought.

I mention this because I purchased some parts from Pyramid Plastics in the UK and the stuff showed up in five days. What is amazing is the fact that it was just shipped via standard mail, no fast track shipping or anything special. The UK's Royal Mail is amazing and could teach Canada Post and USPS a few things, lol.

https://www.yamahamotorcyclespares.co.uk/spares/epcPageList.asp?ModelID=19324&uID=0

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wonder if any of the UK dealers have the parts in stock for the MT-09? Might cost a little more, but if they have the parts and they can get them to you fast??? just a thought.

I mention this because I purchased some parts from Pyramid Plastics in the UK and the stuff showed up in five days. What is amazing is the fact that it was just shipped via standard mail, no fast track shipping or anything special. The UK's Royal Mail is amazing and could teach Canada Post and USPS a few things, lol.

https://www.yamahamotorcyclespares.co.uk/spares/epcPageList.asp?ModelID=19324&uID=0
Thanks for the UK source. If I get some time today, I'll inquire.

Thanks. Parts are already on order, but none exist on any dealer shelves. Yamaha is giving conflicting information...there are either 4 left in a NA warehouse, or they are on back order until 6/27.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Someones got a bunch of oem parts for sale on the facebook group. Look for montgomery markel on there, looked to be at a decent price too.

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Facebook? Who uses that? Don't get snarky and say "Stoltec has a facebook page". Although we do, I've never used it. I'm not even sure how.

In all seriousness, is there a way I can contact him directly w/o facebook?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is this what you all need? I've had three different people kick tires on this lot, still have all my factory 15 pulloffs, no drama...let me know, mm BrakePartsFZ09.JPG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts