Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike [2016 Anniversary] is about to hit 100K miles and I'm planning on a few upgrades and replacements.
I'm hoping some people can provide some guidance for certain items

Caliper - I was gonna go Brembo but can't find something decently priced. Going for a 2015 R6 calipers. Does anyone know if it's a drop in or do I need spacers and bigger rotors?
Rotors - Need to change soon, I do a lot of hard braking when riding spiritedly. Any suggestions based on the 2016 R6 calipers
Rims - does anyone know what other rims are just drop in besides MT09. It's difficult to find used replacements that's in a decent shape.
Clutch - has anyone tried Recluse yet? I still have the stock clutch plates, haven't replaced.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Apart from the colour, are the r6 calipers actually different to the MT09? I thought they were the same caliper.
Leave the calipers, go with R1 rotors and a 10 or 11mm spacer, and hh pads.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Apart from the colour, are the r6 calipers actually different to the MT09? I thought they were the same caliper.
Leave the calipers, go with R1 rotors and a 10 or 11mm spacer, and hh pads.
I'm not sure myself, I'm gonna take measurements with a caliper but I feel like riding today lol.
I'll check on the R1 rotors as well. What year are good? are they all the same size?
How about the R1 calipers?
I wanna change the calipers cuz they're a bit beat up.
I already use HH pads

·
Registered
339 Posts
Only real difference is the R1 and R6 calipers run aluminum pistons. And for some reason the seals and pistons are a lot more expensive for the 09 calipers, you'd think they'd be cheaper...go figure.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I'm not sure myself, I'm gonna take measurements with a caliper but I feel like riding today lol.
I'll check on the R1 rotors as well. What year are good? are they all the same size?
How about the R1 calipers?
I wanna change the calipers cuz they're a bit beat up.
I already use HH pads
So functionally, not really an upgrade to change calipers to r1/r6.
I used 2004-2006 R1 wave rotors. If you do a search on the forum you'll find heaps of threads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts