Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice! Let us know how it works. What happens with the odometer miles? Do they reset to 0 or can you input the miles when you program the display?
I'm definitely interested but my bars might be a little too crowded already! I guess I could make room for that bigger cluster...

edit- can you take a picture holding the stock display next to it so we can get a better idea of the size difference? It looks a fair amount bigger.

View attachment 169484
Here’s a photo showing the stock vs Koso. They’re fairly close in size but just obviously shaped very differently. The Koso is about 1/2 inch wider. It has about a 4.3 inch screen with the buttons and lights off to each side. Also a photo from straight on.
Hand Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motorcycle Automotive design

·
Registered
304 Posts
Have you ridden with it yet?

Godddamit you guys just cost me more money! lol. I just ordered one.

Ok so here's a BIG heads up... Revzilla and Cycle Gear literally raised their prices on this dash overnight. They were both at $539 the other day when I posted that price. Now they're both selling it for full list- $599. So me being a tightwad, I did some searching around and found a MUCH better price on it. I don't think I should post that price but I can tell you where to find it...

Online store to buy Koso cluster at.

I'll let you guys know how it works out for me. Yeah, it would be nice to actually be able to SEE the tach display. Also, did you guys realize it connects to your phone so it will show when you get a call or text? Not sure until I get mine if it actually works or not. I already have my Garmin GPS connected to my phone and it shows calls and texts perfectly so not a big deal for me. For those of you like me that keep their phones in their pockets, having a display that shows calls and texts is AMAZING!

·
Registered
304 Posts
That link you provided, are you certain that's the plug and play version that works with these bikes, or is it a universal version of this display?
I'm 99.9% sure it is. As far as I can see, there's only one part number, BA081000. That's what I ordered. The Koso site shows that same part number. They also show the exact list price, $599, along with their sale price (WAY less).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Still haven’t ridden with it yet. Don’t have the bike 100% back together. Hopefully today. That’s a good price you found. Amazing just how marked up stuff is. And yeah I forgot about the phone connection. It hooked right up to my iPhone. I need to test the phone/text notifications but I played some music and it showed up at the bottom of the screen. And that is the part number on my box so I think you’re good.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm 99.9% sure it is. As far as I can see, there's only one part number, BA081000. That's what I ordered. The Koso site shows that same part number. They also show the exact list price, $599, along with their sale price (WAY less).
I went back to the ad and dug in to the product description further. It is in fact meant for the MT 👍

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Have you ridden with it yet?

Godddamit you guys just cost me more money! lol. I just ordered one.

Ok so here's a BIG heads up... Revzilla and Cycle Gear literally raised their prices on this dash overnight. They were both at $539 the other day when I posted that price. Now they're both selling it for full list- $599. So me being a tightwad, I did some searching around and found a MUCH better price on it. I don't think I should post that price but I can tell you where to find it...

Online store to buy Koso cluster at.

I'll let you guys know how it works out for me. Yeah, it would be nice to actually be able to SEE the tach display. Also, did you guys realize it connects to your phone so it will show when you get a call or text? Not sure until I get mine if it actually works or not. I already have my Garmin GPS connected to my phone and it shows calls and texts perfectly so not a big deal for me. For those of you like me that keep their phones in their pockets, having a display that shows calls and texts is AMAZING!
Everybody’s doing man.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I finally got some riding in today. I’m really happy with the new Koso gauges. It looks really good and seems to perform well. I did find one problem though. It doesn’t indicate when the high beams are on. I know the little blue light works cause it lights up when you start the bike but then goes out. I’ll contact Koso about it. It does make me wonder though what else might not be working that doesn’t normally have a light on like oil pressure. Hopefully that’s not the case. Anyways, no regrets.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
A cool idea for a track bike - but for a street bike how would you keep the battery from draining to dead - you'd have to have a switch somewhere in the harness.
With a key delete the engine ignition cut off switch turns the bike on and off

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
A cool idea for a track bike - but for a street bike how would you keep the battery from draining to dead - you'd have to have a switch somewhere in the harness.
Did you input the correct Instrument gauge cluster serial number I wonder? What about outside air temperature? Is that listed somewhere on the gauge? I saw the instructions had it but did now show on instrument display legend:
Font Gadget Electronic device Screenshot Audio equipment
Font Material property Screenshot Number Parallel

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Finally caved and got Zilla down to $458. After I came home I immediately made a cut out of how box it could be with relation to the current size and position of the current speedo along with my MRA windscreen and such
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Drawing
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Tread

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did you input the correct Instrument gauge cluster serial number I wonder? What about outside air temperature? Is that listed somewhere on the gauge? I saw the instructions had it but did now show on instrument display legend:
View attachment 169555 View attachment 169556
I double checked my original part number and it’s correct in the new gauge. And I don’t see the air temperature on the gauge anywhere but like you showed, it’s definitely in my directions. I’ll mention that as well when I talk to them.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
It doesn't kill all the electronics though. For example at least on us spec bikes, the headlight will stay on till the key is off, regardless of the kill switch position. Same with signals, ecu, etc.
With the OEM key harness correct but with the woodcraft key switch elimination harness it bypasses it completely:

21 - 40 of 56 Posts