Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New from Koso:
So who wants to plunge $600 and tell us about it:
Product Game controller Video game console Input device Gadget

·
Registered
746 Posts
Something tells me that is not going to be a best seller :LOL:

Just had a look at the website...they must be a bunch of crack heads to ask some of the prices!! Over $70.00 for single port usb charger...I just bought one on Amazon, dual port with voltage display for right around $25.00. I will admit the colour display looks nice but not $600 nice!

·
Registered
Batmobile
1,046 Posts
I have a koso gauge on my Ninja ratbike monstrosity that I left up north. Was a super cool display for a bike from 1989, it gave me all sorts of info you wouldn't think a brainless bike would have, but if it had a sensor, that gauge could tell me. That bike is fun for as dangerous it is, definitely shouldn't have been my first bike.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Someone must be buying (?), Cycle Gear says 3 left in stock. Interesting, but not $540 interesting. Has a lot of information to display. With my old eyes, I'd worry that I would be able to read much of it on the fly. I would have to see it in operation to know.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'll try one when I get finished with the other 16 projects I have going on right now. When I do I'll let you guys know what it's like.

I've wanted to change my display to something better since I got that bike. I looked into using one from other Yamaha models/years but never got around to actually ordering anything.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The price isn't that out of line....it's about what a replacement display for the '21's costs.
If it's plug and play and works as advertised, not bad at all. Some people blow more than that on crappy fart pipes...

Want sticker shock, try pricing a replacement BMW TFT, the nice big one that everybody raves about LOL

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The price isn't that out of line....it's about what a replacement display for the '21's costs.
If it's plug and play and works as advertised, not bad at all. Some people blow more than that on crappy fart pipes...

Want sticker shock, try pricing a replacement BMW TFT, the nice big one that everybody raves about LOL
Beats what an I2M chrome lite would cost:

Communication Device Font Mobile phone Portable communications device Material property

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well this is my very first post. Haven’t even done an intro post yet (I will soon). Just wanted to show y’all what one looked like all mounted up. I got it from Revzilla for $540 plus I had a bunch of credit with them so it helped with the cost. Haven’t ridden with it yet. Just finished installing it. I really like the screen size and it’s easier to see than the LCD was at least for me. Hopefully it’ll last a long time. That’s the only thing I’m worried about.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Product Automotive lighting Bicycle handlebar

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well this is my very first post. Haven’t even done an intro post yet (I will soon). Just wanted to show y’all what one looked like all mounted up. I got it from Revzilla for $540 plus I had a bunch of credit with them so it helped with the cost. Haven’t ridden with it yet. Just finished installing it. I really like the screen size and it’s easier to see than the LCD was at least for me. Hopefully it’ll last a long time. That’s the only thing I’m worried about.
Nice! Let us know how it works. What happens with the odometer miles? Do they reset to 0 or can you input the miles when you program the display?
I'm definitely interested but my bars might be a little too crowded already! I guess I could make room for that bigger cluster...

edit- can you take a picture holding the stock display next to it so we can get a better idea of the size difference? It looks a fair amount bigger.

Blue Gadget Input device Motor vehicle Audio equipment

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice! Let us know how it works. What happens with the odometer miles? Do they reset to 0 or can you input the miles when you program the display?
I'm definitely interested but my bars might be a little too crowded already! I guess I could make room for that bigger cluster...

edit- can you take a picture holding the stock display next to it so we can get a better idea of the size difference? It looks a fair amount bigger.

View attachment 169484
That’s a nice looking setup. I wanted that exact Garmin unit but just haven’t got one yet. I’d have to do some rearranging to fit it. Also looks like you centered your cluster like I did. There’s two odometers in the Koso. One you can program to match your miles and an internal one that just starts at zero and you can’t change. I took a photo of my stock one showing the miles right before switching it out. I’ll take a picture showing them side by side when I get home today to show the size difference.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does it mount to the same mount?

Maybe it would be readable...damn, I don't need to spend anymore money for a while...
I believe Koso makes an adapter mount for the MT-09 but I don’t know if it would still be off to the side or centered. I wanted mine up higher and centered so I made a mount for it. I had to reroute the wires to get the connector to reach but it wasn’t too bad. It looks a little off center in my photo cause of the angle. I’ll take another straight on photo and post it. And yeah, the money just keeps on flowing to the bike. I got out of the classic/muscle car hobby to save money but somehow it’s not working.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
View attachment 169474
They do make a mount for it:
Font Bicycle part Auto part Circle Nut

I am curious how this would mount though? Like does it mount in the OG position or does it use the top set of the four bolts in front of the OEM Cluster? Also I have an MRA Racing Windscreen and wonder about real estate.

I want to get this (make no mistake I do) but my mind is having a difficult time justifying the expense for a flashy new gizmo. I will add this to my 🤤🤤🤤 list along with the DNA Stage 3 intake

I am pretty sure I could find a way to make the cheapest hobby expensive

under water basket weaving - Carbon fiber needles
Checkers - Diamond checker pieces
Playdoh - get a 3D printer

Reactions: JeffieK

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is video fitted for the MT-07 on some of its functionality

Reactions: cosmos

·
Registered
16 Posts
They do make a mount for it:
View attachment 169495
I am curious how this would mount though? Like does it mount in the OG position or does it use the top set of the four bolts in front of the OEM Cluster? Also I have an MRA Racing Windscreen and wonder about real estate.

I want to get this (make no mistake I do) but my mind is having a difficult time justifying the expense for a flashy new gizmo. I will add this to my 🤤🤤🤤 list along with the DNA Stage 3 intake

I am pretty sure I could find a way to make the cheapest hobby expensive

under water basket weaving - Carbon fiber needles
Checkers - Diamond checker pieces
Playdoh - get a 3D printer
Yeah I can’t tell from that photo where it mounts to the bike. My Puig windscreen had plenty of space behind it so that wasn’t a problem. Not sure about the MRA. And I’m such a sucker for shiny new stuff. Can’t help myself sometimes.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah I can’t tell from that photo where it mounts to the bike. My Puig windscreen had plenty of space behind it so that wasn’t a problem. Not sure about the MRA. And I’m such a sucker for shiny new stuff. Can’t help myself sometimes.
How’s the reach around for the key?

Reactions: Shinyribs
1 - 20 of 56 Posts