Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

** Update to the MSRP Thread! **

111K views 201 replies 156 participants last post by  russon.greg 
#1 · (Edited)
This is an update to the thread about Paying MSRP for your new bike. I have a friend that is the General Manager of a Motorcycle dealership in the state of Florida, although it's not a Yamaha dealership. I asked him if there was a law in the state of Florida regarding freight and setup fees, and how they are applied in regard to purchasing a motorcycle. THERE IS NO SUCH LAW! So, if your Florida dealer says that there is, THEY ARE LYING TO YOU. What this means to YOU is that you can try and negotiate the fees that they charge for freight and setup and if they tell you that EVERYONE is charged the same fees, it simply is NOT TRUE. That would be, at least for me, a time to change dealers and find one that will be honest with you. Hope this helps some of you Florida guys/gals/whoever, that is trying to buy a motorcycle in the state.

#3 ·
You're welcome and I hope it helps you on your bargaining power. I absolutely HATE dealers/salespeople that lie to potential customers. Many folks on here have bought their FZ09's at MSRP and below. Some have had the freight and setup completely waived or reduced to almost nothing. Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Reactions: CD599
#14 ·
Hello everyone. Just joined the Forum and wanted to let all you guys know, or your friends that If you are around the Akron/Canton area of Ohio, that Rick Roush Motorsports and Yamaha of Warren are pretty nice people. Just purchased my 2014 Fz-09 Graphite for $7900 OUT THE DOOR. I was super excited after reading all the posts on prices. They will work with you and I know Rick Roush has plenty in stock. I am super excited to read all the information on this thread about this awesome bike and I cannot wait to pick it up either tomorrow or Wednesday! Good day everyone!

Erich

#15 ·
I haven't found any 'deals' in FL, and do not like spending hours negotiating. On my way up to GA today for a job, I stopped by a dealer who has the FZ-09 priced at $6900, or about $8100 OTD. As others have said, the bike looks much more substantial and pronounced in person, I love it. Feels great ergonomically. I'll be here for two weeks and think I should probably take it home with me...

#16 ·
Quote in hand from Southern Az area- $9987 with a $500 discount, total OTD $9487. List at $7990. 2 dealerships in town, same outfit. One had swarming ant sales geeks, other, more relaxed but very little bike knowledge. Will try other shops in Sierra Vista, Phoenix, Yuma, possibly New Mexico if cash can't get the price down.

#17 ·
Put a $500 down payment on a fast orange one at Mukwonago Yamaha here in WI. $7800 and change due at delivery in a couple of weeks. Port Washington Yamaha had bikes in stock , basically same price of ~$8350 OTD but they're much further away. Worth the $50 to buy from my "local" dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 ·
I paid $9200.00 OTD wheels in motion chatsworth ca.

#28 ·
Out here in SF Bay Area/Sacramento I was quoted anywhere from $9250-$10.1k. People will pay too b/c demand is high and inventory is scarce. Everyone knows that so most dealers won't budge. Eventually found one in Petaluma for just over $9300 OTD and I was happy with that.

#29 ·
I work at a Yamaha dealership and this is great info, We have had 2 Fz-09's so far and One on order set to shit by the end of June(This one is mine :D) But we try and do people right and don't charge a bunch of BS fee's. Our owner's are a little firm so our price is MSRP+$50 D.O.C+Tax&Reg(if we register if for you) and that's it. That's a shame that dealer's would charge so much for a bike simply because they know someone would pay it...

#32 ·
I had a hard time finding an 09 for sale on Long Island NY. One dealer had 3 asking 600 over list price.
I found and purchased a red 09 this past Monday for $9,173 included tax and title. That was in New Rochelle NY about an hour from my home. All the dealers on Long Island wish they can get more bikes to sell, they all said they sold out quick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.