Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was shopping over a wide area and kept coming up with $8800 OTD for the new 2017s, mostly silver (grey.) Poking around online I see the same bike for $6,049. Right, I believe that. I called the next morning and asked a salesman to verify that it was wrong. He checked, said it was right. I said SOLD! I had to drive almost 2 hundred miles each way to pick it up. Final price after they shoveled on everything was $6921 out the door. It had one mile and I saved just under two grand for driving 400 miles. I actually bought it 11/10/2018 for reference. Is that a good price? I could not turn it down, honestly, since I was already looking.

·
Registered
38 Posts
2018 MT-09 - Bay area, CA
Base price was $7450 and the final OTD was $9500 (after all freight, setup, taxes and registration)

·
Registered
3 Posts
$9200 OTD for a 2019 Raven Black with Tax,Title, License. Added comfort seat, heated grips, center stand for $512 more installed. NY - Upstate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Got my 2018 all black for $8800 OTD here in NW Ga. I was going to wait for the 2019 White Red looking color but I thought that was A good enough price to take the black one home!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I received my new 2018 MT-09 for $7124.00 + state tax & registration back home in Indiana.

Purchased from Ebensburg Yamaha - Ebensburg, PA ... a mere 6.5 hours from me. B^)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Got my new MT-09 SP last month for £9700.00 which was the on-the-road price with the Akra Carbon, larger stand plate and billet brake and clutch levers fitted.

Put 10% down and enjoying a very reasonable 2.9% APR.

·
Registered
7 Posts
$8,049.00+ fright, taxes and registration for my 2019 ice fluo! Already have the akropovic full titanium, tst integrated tail light, flush fronts, small wind deflector and fender delete here for her. Just need to install! Love this bike!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Spent a day going to dealerships in the Atlanta metro. Best deal was $10,500 all the way up to $10,880. Made a call to Costco...yes, they now carry Yamaha in their dealer network...received a call with an OTD (tax, tag, title) price for a 2019 Matte Black Raven for $9145 at Gainesville Motorsports. This was last week. Tony took great care of me and I can recommend them if in GA.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was shopping over a wide area and kept coming up with $8800 OTD for the new 2017s, mostly silver (grey.) Poking around online I see the same bike for $6,049. Right, I believe that. I called the next morning and asked a salesman to verify that it was wrong. He checked, said it was right. I said SOLD! I had to drive almost 2 hundred miles each way to pick it up. Final price after they shoveled on everything was $6921 out the door. It had one mile and I saved just under two grand for driving 400 miles. I actually bought it 11/10/2018 for reference. Is that a good price? I could not turn it down, honestly, since I was already looking.
Damn, where was this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
2018 MT-09 - Bay area, CA
Base price was $7450 and the final OTD was $9500 (after all freight, setup, taxes and registration)
I was getting the same quotes in Hayward. some good deals on used craigslist one was 7k for 2018 with only 130 miles. I ended up getting slightly crashed 2017 fz09 (bent handlebar, scuffed exhaust, didn't realize earlier but bent in rear wheel) for 4800.

·
Registered
19 Posts
A shop near my work (Louisville) had a 2019 and they price matched a bike in Indianapolis at $8000 which had a regional rebate. Ended up at $9200 out the door. KY is 6% sales tax.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After hesitating for quite sometime I pulled the trigger on a left over 2018 MT-09 for $8500 OTD. Purchased in may 2019 here in the bay area(9.5% sales tax). Not sure it's the best deal I could get but I am very happy with my ride!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I'm in the Bay Area and know that's a super deal. Congrats.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That's an amazing deal, SnellMT-09. Enjoy your ride!
Even though I bought mine 6 months prior to you, here in the Bay area, I paid $9,500 OTD.
So, I totally agree with your point that if more bay area buyers post here, better negotiations could be done with dealers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's an amazing deal, SnellMT-09. Enjoy your ride!
Even though I bought mine 6 months prior to you, here in the Bay area, I paid $9,500 OTD.
So, I totally agree with your point that if more bay area buyers post here, better negotiations could be done with dealers.
$9500 is the quote I got for a 2019 from San Jose dealer they didn't have any 2018 left. I think I got a slightly better deal because the bike was a left over from 2018 and also because I called several places to figure out what would be a reasonable price to ask and then went to the shop on the last day of the month and said I am ready to write a check now if they accept my price..
For people buying a 2019 model in 2020 they should try $8200 OTD. I wouldn't be surprised if they accept :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Where did you buy this?

161 - 180 of 185 Posts