Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 202 Posts
I paid $9200.00 OTD wheels in motion chatsworth ca.

Out here in SF Bay Area/Sacramento I was quoted anywhere from $9250-$10.1k. People will pay too b/c demand is high and inventory is scarce. Everyone knows that so most dealers won't budge. Eventually found one in Petaluma for just over $9300 OTD and I was happy with that.

I work at a Yamaha dealership and this is great info, We have had 2 Fz-09's so far and One on order set to shit by the end of June(This one is mine :D) But we try and do people right and don't charge a bunch of BS fee's. Our owner's are a little firm so our price is MSRP+$50 D.O.C+Tax&Reg(if we register if for you) and that's it. That's a shame that dealer's would charge so much for a bike simply because they know someone would pay it...

Just got mine this morning for $9200 OTD. This was at GPsports in San Jose CA. At another dealer they wanted $10500 OTD. I think I got a great deal for CA.

I bought mine Tuesday OTD for 8300 in the Dallas area.
I had a hard time finding an 09 for sale on Long Island NY. One dealer had 3 asking 600 over list price.
I found and purchased a red 09 this past Monday for $9,173 included tax and title. That was in New Rochelle NY about an hour from my home. All the dealers on Long Island wish they can get more bikes to sell, they all said they sold out quick.

Several dealers around me have them in stock. Only one was out of stock but said they had more coming. No one is charging over retail from what I've seen.

Lake Hill Motors is advertising a discounted price:
All Inventory | Lake Hill Motors

As is Mountain Motorsports:
2014 Yamaha Fz-09, Lithia Springs GA - 111565218 - Cycletrader.com

I'd do a fly and ride before I paid full retail or above retail. Luckily within a 250 mile radius of me there is plenty of discounted stock.
I will personally advise against doing business with Mountain Motorsports, especially the Lithia Springs location. About a month ago, called on Thursday, was assured they had a graphite in stock. Was heading to Roebling after work on Friday for track day, so I called again Friday morning and was again assured they had a graphite in stock. So, put a $500 deposit down before I headed out so I could stop by the dealer on my way to Savannah, write a check and pick it up. AS IM LEAVING for dealer, the lady calls, says ohhhh they mismarked the crate, it's a red one, but you want that one?! When I had already told her I was not at all interested in red. Told me they'd have on shipped from their warehouse in TN to them and I could pick it up Mon.

Called monday, said they still hadn't located one, that there "wasn't a single one left in Georgia". Somehow I stumbled upon Gainesville motorsports, completely forgot about them, and they're only 20 mins up the street, they had one of every color in stock. Cancelled my deposit and picked one up from Gainesville monday evening. They were great to deal with and didn't give me the run-around. Mountain Motorsports will never get any of my business

That sucks! I hate when you don't get good info.

Another dealer that is known to give fantastic prices is D&H Cycles in Cullman, AL. I bought the YES plan for my FJR from them for dirt cheap. Less than half price of my local dealer. Their website is nearly non-existent, and last time I did business with them they didn't take plastic. Check or cash only. When I get ready to pull the trigger I'll call them for sure. They do almost all of their business by word of mouth.

21 - 40 of 202 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.