Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been working out of state since last October. Spending a small chunk of money on the bike every now and again to ease the heartache, but due to the lack of time home the project have just been piling up. Kansas City weather next weekend is supposed to be beautiful so I'm taking a long weekend and the old man is meeting me at my place for some good ole wrenching. List so far is:
Akra exhaust, ohlins rear shock, new peg pins (to flip and use jack stands w/), remove front reflectors, reinstall ECU, remove passenger pegs (ship to tripage for LEDs/powder coat), spiegler brake lines (front and rear), bath/tank wax, bar end adapters (no mirrors yet), chain maintenance (slack check/fresh coat of lube), possibly a horn relo if I feel up to it... and finally a test ride!

I think that is all. The car has a couple of goodies, but I think I'll save those for another day!

·
Registered
208 Posts
It looks like your weekend is prepped. Weather's getting warmer in Colorado too with a good forecast so the only thing on my agenda is to get through the break in period. Good luck with the upgrade work!

Reactions: dcpppf

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
sounds like a fun weekend of wrenching.

:)

Reactions: dcpppf

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha this week is going to go by slower than the week before Christmas.

My boss is from Denver and was saying that it's been gorgeous over there too.

·
Registered
833 Posts
It's nice today, but it has been cold and snowy for weeks here. Supposed to be nice for a while though.

Reactions: Speedbird

·
Registered
314 Posts
Based on my experience the test ride is going to be the best part! The Akro produces an amazing sound. Have fun man, I'm jealous. We still have way too much snow here in PA ?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hear ya onthemove. I've been working in CT; this white stuff is getting awfully old.

Reactions: Speedbird
1 - 8 of 8 Posts