Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Hummm might have to buy a second one for long ride? That would be a killer platform for a Adventure bike. More suspension stroke, tires and luggage. Gotta winner here...

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
been making the rounds on the interwebs since June

Nothing official from Yamaha and I doubt we will hear anything before the November new model releases, if they are actually going to do it.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I thought about making an adventure bike out of mine. I really miss dirt roads and there are a lot of them down here. But i also don't want to loose the current cornering ability. I'm trying to find the best tires for the 09 that will allow dirt and street riding.

I know pretty much everybody on here thinks its a bad idea. But its my bike :)

Reactions: 3OFAKIND

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Something is wrong with that photoshop work... the windscreen is pointing to the background and the bike is leaning to the foreground.

·
Registered
206 Posts
tires are the least of your worries.
The clearance is simply not there on the current FZ.
What yamaha did right on the tenere is send the pipes on the side of the motor, and not underneath. Motor protection would be my first mod, if I was going that route. Luckily I have a 2012 Tenere in the garage, so that's job done then. I recently pulled the altrider skid plate off my tenere, as I'm upgrading to a better set up. After 37km the underneath looks battered, the front tire spray alone took off about a 1/16" from the aluminum.

Yamaha will probaly stuff the fz9 motor into a smaller tenere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts