Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so not bike new, had more than I can remember but always found to many shortcomings on the other bikes to keep em. I hope this one does not befall that same fate, so far I'm really diggin it.
So anyhow, yesterday I picked up a 14 Blazing Orange FZ09, looks smashing good next to my 13 KTM450!!
Other than a windscreen I don't foresee to many if any mods.. I may have to work on the suspension at some point and I understand some galfer pads really help the brakes.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Congrats and I'd highly suggest you replace the suspension ASAP, when combined with the awesome motor, it's a deathtrap.

Southern Utah or Northern Utah?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
West Jordan.... As for the suspension I'll have to make due until next yr, as long as it hasn't killed before then. ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Honestly, suspension is almost going to be a need......if you are over 160 lbs with gear and you ride even moderately aggressively. And as far as different brake pads, I'd change out the lines to stainless braided lines before I changed the pads. The OEM pads are actually pretty decent once you get the OEM lines off of it and replace them.

Reactions: Fairbanksdmt

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Again, welcome Katoom. What is the history of that name, by the way? And where are you located? You don't have to answer, just being curious (nosy).

Lot's of our aggressive riders on this site consider the suspension upgrade top priority and, in many cases, for good reason, But, if you're not a serious twisty and/or track rider you could wait a bit and form your own opinion. I'm not in their league and have close to zero miles yet, thanks to my mid-western climate. I'm also only 165 lbs, so the jury is still out. I'm hoping I can get by with adjusting front and rear to an acceptable levels. If not, I'll willingly ante up for what i really need. My point is, take some time, do some miles and figure it out for yourself. Enjoy your new toy and keep us all updated on where you take it from here.

Most importantly, enjoy your new FZ9!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Again, welcome Katoom. What is the history of that name, by the way? And where are you located? You don't have to answer, just being curious (nosy).

Lot's of our aggressive riders on this site consider the suspension upgrade top priority and, in many cases, for good reason, But, if you're not a serious twisty and/or track rider you could wait a bit and form your own opinion. I'm not in their league and have close to zero miles yet, thanks to my mid-western climate. I'm also only 165 lbs, so the jury is still out. I'm hoping I can get by with adjusting front and rear to an acceptable levels. If not, I'll willingly ante up for what i really need. My point is, take some time, do some miles and figure it out for yourself. Enjoy your new toy and keep us all updated on where you take it from here.

Most importantly, enjoy your new FZ9!
So the entomology of the name is derived from the brand name KTM, which is pronounced Katoom by KTM fanatics such as myself. I'm located in Utah...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Grats on the new bike. You're going to love it. You should take advantage of this great weather we are having. I did a nice loop up through Kamas & Park city today, it was awesome for for this time of year.

·
Registered
377 Posts
So the entomology of the name is derived from the brand name KTM, which is pronounced Katoom by KTM fanatics such as myself. I'm located in Utah...
I figured it was the orange Kool-aid, :p probably why you bought the orange FZ also right? (mines orange as well)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I figured it was the orange Kool-aid, :p probably why you bought the orange FZ also right? (mines orange as well)
Bwaahahaha, I'm sure that had something to do with it..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts