·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much room is under there? just wondering

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Enough room for a thick sandwich! So not much, but enough for an emergency raincoat and some tools... i can go measure it if you like. I'm hoping to coil up a clutch cable in their, just in case the unthinkable happens one day.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Not much room at all, they really tried to make this bike compact. There's enough room to hold your insurance, registration and a small tool kit. And that's really about it. It's worth noting that the storage area is not waterproof either

·
Registered
347 Posts
Enough room for a thick sandwich! So not much, but enough for an emergency raincoat and some tools... i can go measure it if you like. I'm hoping to coil up a clutch cable in their, just in case the unthinkable happens one day.

That's a great idea. My current bike (which is currently stripped to the frame for resto) dropped a clutch one day. That was an interesting ride home. Ran a couple of stop signs in that process.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Broke a clutch cable on my BMW /6 one time and I think it actually shifted better without the clutch. Interesting ride back home though. I just couldn't get her in neutral once I got home and had to let her die.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just comparing it to my z750. i can fit 3 dvds, a pack of smokes, my tool kit and insurance stuff. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Could someone possibly post a picture of the underseat storage? When I was at the dealer, they told me there wasn't any, and I didn't notice anything, either. I would really just like to keep my paperwork with it, and maybe a small survival kit, and that would be all.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Mine came with a small tool kit and an empty plastic folder for a insurance card and registration.
Can possibly also squeeze in a pack of cigs or a cell phone (maybe both) or a pair of glasses, that's it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
What come with the bike under the seat is a small tool kit in a small pouch and a water proof bag. The rubber straps in the tool pouch are for holding down different sized batteries. The storage areas are on either side of the battery.

DSC00644 - sized.jpg DSC00645 - sized.jpg DSC00649 - sized.jpg

Reactions: ak_rr

·
Registered
364 Posts
The front storage (first picture) is deep then the back. Access is limited because of cables and a narrow entrance. The back storage is shallow. I folded the water proof bag and placed the tool pouch over it the back storage area.

DSC00648 - sized.jpg DSC00643 - sized.jpg DSC00647 - sized.jpg

·
Registered
881 Posts
Could someone possibly post a picture of the underseat storage? When I was at the dealer, they told me there wasn't any, and I didn't notice anything, either. I would really just like to keep my paperwork with it, and maybe a small survival kit, and that would be all.
In the rear storage area, I have placed a lacrosse ball. Guessing it is roughly 75% the size of a baseball. Two would fit in the storage area and leave enough room to close the seat. Ordinarily, I use this area for my registration and insurance (in a plastic bag) and a change pouch for parking meters, with the tool bag over top. There's not much room left over.

The storage area forward of the battery has some depth, about three inches, but would require some creativity as the space has some access limitations.

The same lacrosse ball from the first picture is too large to drop into the forward storage area. However, smaller items would go in there.

·
Registered
364 Posts
@Doug - There is a place to strap on the seat pan?

@Robby - see bottom of first page.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not that much room at all, for sure. I should be able to get all my stuff in it that I have to carry at least, but more often I have my backpack on me anyway. Then again, I am sure we are all getting these bikes for fun, not for storage :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts