Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just had a thought - looking at the titles of posts on this forum I'm starting to get nervous , I think to myself 'is this the look of a bike forum for a first generation bike with problems'. I see titles like 'Burning oil' 'bad thermostat' ' vibration' and 'twitchy throttle response'....

Did I just curse us?
You know we all had the thought 'is buying a first gen bike a good idea' but ignored it...

Maybe it's just me being crazy

·
Registered
554 Posts
I definitely had that thought! But in the end it's a yamaha and I love this bike! It's not perfect but that's part of its charm. The engine seems great to me plus it's under warranty. No worries!

Now where do in sign up for a more cushy seat? Kind of feels like sitting on a 4x6 piece of wood! :p

Daniel

·
Registered
558 Posts
I've found that in over-engineering (like Honda does a lot) you often end up with a bike that's less than inspired. I don't mind a few imperfections, just adds to it's character.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I definitely had that thought! But in the end it's a yamaha and I love this bike! It's not perfect but that's part of its charm. The engine seems great to me plus it's under warranty. No worries!

Now where do in sign up for a more cushy seat? Kind of feels like sitting on a 4x6 piece of wood! :p

Daniel
You can get an offical Yamaha "comfort seat" through your dealer, thou I don't know how long it would take to get it...

I don't mind buying a first gen either... i actually like being a test pilot ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts