Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to thank everyone for their posts and video, especially for those of us with out the FZ yet (like me).

Does anyone have any input on what their passenger thinks as far as comfort etc... I rarely ride two-up but would like to get my wife on the bike at least once.

For those of us who missed getting our bikes in the first round if you happen to here any news about the arrival of the second round please post and let us know (anxious).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just wanted to thank everyone for their posts and video, especially for those of us with out the FZ yet (like me).

Does anyone have any input on what their passenger thinks as far as comfort etc... I rarely ride two-up but would like to get my wife on the bike at least once.

For those of us who missed getting our bikes in the first round if you happen to here any news about the arrival of the second round please post and let us know (anxious).
Hi XRRRX. I picked up the new FZ-09 last Saturday and immediately took my wife out to lunch. She's been riding on the back of one bike or another for the last 22 years and finds the FZ-09 passenger seat and pegs very high and uncomfortable. She's 5'2", so the short distance from the seat to pegs should be easier for her than most due to her short legs. The seat is also reportedly very hard and not good for anything longer than a few miles. I hope this doesn't deter your from buying the bike because the rider's accommodations have grown on me in the last week are are quite comfortable.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PeteO,
Thanks for the reply, no it doesn't deter me as I am committed. I've had quite a few bikes and decided I would enjoy a triple the most because of its torque and power delivery. I wanted to purchase a new Speed Triple (they worked out trans kinks in the new model) but it was way beyond what I could afford. I gave up on the thought and didn't believe Yamaha was going to come out with anything for a few more years. Then bam the FZ-09 comes out, higher bars, lower pegs more upright than the FZ1's I've had. Have to have one. Just waiting for that second shipment to come in.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi XRRRX. I picked up the new FZ-09 last Saturday and immediately took my wife out to lunch. She's been riding on the back of one bike or another for the last 22 years and finds the FZ-09 passenger seat and pegs very high and uncomfortable. She's 5'2", so the short distance from the seat to pegs should be easier for her than most due to her short legs. The seat is also reportedly very hard and not good for anything longer than a few miles. I hope this doesn't deter your from buying the bike because the rider's accommodations have grown on me in the last week are are quite comfortable.
This isn't good news for me. I do a lot of two up. It certainly has to be better than a supersport as far as passenger comfort since it is so upright.

I had a ninja 250 when I first took my gf on the back and that is very upright and comfy so when I got my hyosung my girlfriend was quick to tell me how uncomfy it is. Two up touring is very likely in our future. We are both small I'm 6 ft 160 lbs and she is 4"11 and 85lbs so we don't really need anything big.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The comfort seat will probably be enough. I doubt it's going to be less comfortable then my current bike for her.
I really wish the FZ-09 had grab handles of some sort though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts