Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As many of you know, I've been working on getting Peggy's new FZ07 broke in and finally am to a point where we could take them out for a fun ride.....but also some break in throttle stuff....done by her today.

First order of business was getting the bikes lined up together for a photo op. So here are the "twins" out in front of the garage before we left the house.....

So off we go from our house down to Tellico Plains, TN and low and behold, we stop at the Cherohala Market and there is a Graphite FZ09 parked there....a guy named John from the same area as I live. He just bought the bike a month ago and already has a little over 2K miles on it. He was going across the skyway and we were headed south on S.R. 68 down to Ducktown. So I prodded him a bit to join our little interweb site and he told me he was a lurker here, but hadn't joined in the fun yet......hopefully soon John! Sorry, no pics of the Graphite one and John, but maybe he'll be along shortly to join and post up.

So after riding close to 125 miles, we are coming up U.S. 129, south of Deals Gap and we stopped at Cheoah Dam/Bridge. It is also called "Fugitive Dam", and it is the place where Harrison Ford jumps in the movie "The Fugitive". We stopped on the bridge that is in front of the Dam and shot these pics....

Then, it's only seven miles or so on up to Deals Gap from the south, so we stopped in there and pulled the bikes up on the loading ramp and next to the Deals Gap sign for another photo op.

My lovely wife Peggy with her new FZ and my FZ09

Next one is yours truly with the bikes....

And the last one is just the bikes showing off for the gathering crowd..... :cool:

All in all a very good day with a total of around 200 miles. Peggy is just absolutely in love with the new FZ07 and said that she just can't believe how nimble and quickly the bike turns in the corners. I ask her if she was ready to sell the 600RR and make the FZ07 her full time street bike..........she just smiled from ear to ear.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
You are killing me. I need to make a run east with Margaret soon. I am praying for an all black FZ-09 for 2015 for my bride in the near future.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Beautiful photo's. Great seeing you all Lovin' the FZ....!!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are killing me. I need to make a run east with Margaret soon. I am praying for an all black FZ-09 for 2015 for my bride in the near future.
C'mon over some weekend Doug and Margaret......we'll do some riding and maybe grill something out on the deck after we're done....or just go to town and grab some supper.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beautiful photo's. Great seeing you all Lovin' the FZ....!!!!
Thanks Steve! I really excited to know how happy Peg is with the new bike.....she is just all smiles and happy and stuff.

Reactions: Steve101

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Thanks Steve! I really excited to know how happy Peg is with the new bike.....she is just all smiles and happy and stuff.
What's that they say....???

"A Happy Wife makes for a Happy Life" :eagerness:

You're doing everything Right :cool:

Reactions: triplethreat

·
Registered
260 Posts
Vern,

Way to go!
I am so envious. Someday I'll make that run on a bike. Made the mistake back in 1998 of taking that road by car.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Looks like tons of fun! I'm considering a move to the Knoxville area after I finish grad school in May. I'll have to look you up if I end up down there. Would LOVE to ride through the mountains.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a great place to live and basically, you can head out in almost any direction and find some great roads to ride.

Reactions: freudflintstone

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Vern, the shots of the twins as well as the pics of you and Peggy in full gear are great! Looked like a great ride. You are a very lucky man. Even after 14 years, I still can't even get my wife to ride pillion with me, she has no interest in bikes whatsoever...lol

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Vern, we are in. I will let you know when we plan on heading your way.
Cool.....just make sure it's not a track day weekend.........Peggy will make me have to go to that instead! :cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Vern, the shots of the twins as well as the pics of you and Peggy in full gear are great! Looked like a great ride. You are a very lucky man. Even after 14 years, I still can't even get my wife to ride pillion with me, she has no interest in bikes whatsoever...lol
Thank you......I feel that way too....the part about me being a lucky guy!

Reactions: Da Braddah

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Nice, looks like it was a great ride!

I'm really diggin' the FZ-07. Love the black forks. Gives the front end a whole different look. I'm definitely getting my forks anodized black this winter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts