Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the S1R system from TB. Installation was pretty straightforward, and it sounds great. However, i did notice that, when i break relatively hard with my rear brake, the curved bottom part of the brake pedal touches against the muffler. It doesn't hit very hard, but i can definitely notice when it does, because the pedal vibrates from the muffler. My main worry is, overtime, the carbon fiber might crack and exhaust starts leaking. I know carbon fiber is pretty sturdy, but will it crack or get messed up if this keeps up? Because of this, I've been going really easy on my rear brake. Is it only for me, or all TB exhausts for the FZ-09 like that? Recommendations?

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I'd loosen some of the mounting bolts, and try to readjust the exhaust to create more clearance.

I've seen fellas with the Akra, who have 1/8" clearance between the pipe and swing arm, and if they loosen the bolts, and wiggle it around to create more clearance, then tighten, they have 1/4" or more.

I'm not sure if this will help, but I'd try that if it were mt bike.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the akra and about 1/8 inch clearance from my swingarm to the muffler. Doesn't bother me but that thing was a PITA to line up properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts