Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'll post some pics, but just picked up Saturday the blazing orange FZ09 with 8 miles. Break in was some hard core riding in the Texas Hill Country. Within first 75 miles, I was leaving my friends. (They were on 2010 CBR1000RR, 2006 Aprillia Tuono Factory R, 2006 Ducati 999, 2002 GoldWing). Beautiful bike and couldn't agree more with some authors that said it was more fun than an R6, and I've had 3 of them are now my 2nd favorite bike to this one. Since Saturday I've already put 500 miles on it and still can't wipe the smile off my face.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Congratulations & Welcome.

The Orange is stunning, especially in the Sunshine. :cool:

Enjoy your new Ride and use this forum -- tons of valuable information!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice! I've wanted to take my orange beast up to Twisted Sisters since I got it...

Steve, the orange is stunning in ANY sunshine. And so much faster than red. ;)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Think you are smiling now...just wait until the get the suspension upgraded.

Have fun, ride safe.

·
Vendor
1,554 Posts
congrats! welcome to the forum and good luck with the new ride!!

Ive been saying the fz09 motor in a r6 chasis would make the ultimate track day or canyon carving bike!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hey everyone. I'll post some pics, but just picked up Saturday the blazing orange FZ09 with 8 miles. Break in was some hard core riding in the Texas Hill Country. Within first 75 miles, I was leaving my friends. (They were on 2010 CBR1000RR, 2006 Aprillia Tuono Factory R, 2006 Ducati 999, 2002 GoldWing). Beautiful bike and couldn't agree more with some authors that said it was more fun than an R6, and I've had 3 of them are now my 2nd favorite bike to this one. Since Saturday I've already put 500 miles on it and still can't wipe the smile off my face.
I love the hill country. There's nothing like it in the Houston area. This weekend, I was visiting the area between Sealy and La Grange when I decided to explore south of La Grange. I didn't find the "chicken ranch" but there is some terrific riding between there and Schulenburg. The hairpins after crossing the Colorado river are especially cool. It's not the hill country but good enough to entice me to return and to explore south of Schulenburg.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I just realized you are talking about the 3 sisters. Twisted Sister was a rock group back in the eighties.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Can't wait to be there next week, well thr following one after for the Texas 1000. Won't be doing it on the bike unfortunately, but it will be just as fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts