Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to not have the headlight on? I think it's pointless for it to be on in the middle of the day. I'm sure there is some trick.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I believe there is laws the require the headlight to be on for motorcycles. Not to mention its easier for cagers to see you. Why would you want to take such risks out there on the road?

Reactions: fz9-tx-guy

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Don't turn it off, it's for your own good.
agreed, in fact anyone who provides an answer to this is doing espospowdercoat guy a disservice and endangering this riders life.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've operated bikes, and cars, since before DRL's were even fitted, or mandated. You'd be a bloody fool not to run with headlights on.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I've been riding motorcycles since 1976. As such, I knew the benefits of having the headlight on. When I started driving cars around the same time, I always drove with my lights on. This was decades before daylight running lights.

I got stopped once in my car by the police. He said I pulled you over because you were driving with your lights on in the day time. I said, "yea, I know that." I guess I was way ahead of my time. Now lights are mandatory on our highways.

·
Registered
94 Posts
This must be a late April Fool's joke.

Reactions: Tunnelvision748

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I've been riding motorcycles since 1976. As such, I knew the benefits of having the headlight on. When I started driving cars around the same time, I always drove with my lights on. This was decades before daylight running lights.

I got stopped once in my car by the police. He said I pulled you over because you were driving with your lights on in the day time. I said, "yea, I know that." I guess I was way ahead of my time. Now lights are mandatory on our highways.
You might not know this but PRIOR to 1976 motorcycles in the USA did not have to have the headlight on while riding. So....therefore you couldn't know how it was to ride without one.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
In your thread title you said running lights, in your text you said headlight, to me those are different things, which did you mean?

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
You might not know this but PRIOR to 1976 motorcycles in the USA did not have to have the headlight on while riding. So....therefore you couldn't know how it was to ride without one.
Sure he could! Just because he started riding in 1976 that doesn't mean that he was riding a '76 model.....he might have been on a '71 Honda something or another.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Sure he could! Just because he started riding in 1976 that doesn't mean that he was riding a '76 model.....he might have been on a '71 Honda something or another.
Stole my post!~

OP- you have GOT to be joking, the only thing that differentiates you from the background that many cagers see is your light.

But if you must know its called a hammer.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Sorry,

I was mixing my stories. I can't even remember if I had to turn on the light on my 1974 CB125. I probably did. I then was referring to driving lights on in my car which certainly didn't have automatic lights.

I've always been a proponent of lots of lights. Same applies to planes. The strobe on my tail is known as an "anti-collision light."

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Dang willow, airplanes, motorcycles, and snowmobiles.....you are a man's man!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
My first bike a grey import from Japan had a switch to turn the headlight completely off like a car.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Lights on things

I have a boat too. :cool:

It's Alaska, you have to be prepared. I do confess, I don't own a 4-wheeler (quad) and that seems to put me in the minority up here.

What I don't have that allowed me to collect toys....kids or an ex-wife. Both can be expensive.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
I have a boat too. :cool:

It's Alaska, you have to be prepared. I do confess, I don't own a 4-wheeler (quad) and that seems to put me in the minority up here.

What I don't have that allowed me to collect toys....kids or an ex-wife. Both can be expensive.
Hmmpf...........I've got two each!.....that explains it!

Reactions: Willowbilly

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I was going to ask him if the Keystone pipeline ends at his house

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 43 Posts