Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the front turn signal lights also act as running lights. That is not the case on the rear. Is there a flaw on my bike or is this done on purpose?

Ed

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Im using them as running/signal both front and rear with strobe flash. I like the look and they are very bright.

I can figure out how to copy & paste my video from Youtube here. (Marthy6R)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,315 Posts
Im using them as running/signal both front and rear with strobe flash. I like the look and they are very bright.

I can figure out how to copy & paste my video from Youtube here. (Marthy6R)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
That looks real nice.
Can you post a picture from the front?

EDIT: Scratch that... Just saw the YouTube video. I really like that.
Do you have a link to where I can purchase those?

Would these fit the front?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I didn't think that shroud would fit! That's exactly the one I wanted. Did you get ancillary lighting inside there?
It barely fit. I think Chad had to do some extra work to make it happen. He replaced the stock running lights with amber light and also sold me a widget that will make those as signals too. Meaning they are going to be on all the time as running lights and they will blink left or right as signals too. I'll make a little video to show you when it's all together.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I didn't think that shroud would fit! That's exactly the one I wanted. Did you get ancillary lighting inside there?
My apologies. I know that everyone liked this one, but didn't want to sell a bunch of them, just to find out that they don't fit and be in a huge bind. I did have to modify the reflector bowl in order to get the entire shroud in there. Because it is so large in diameter, there are very little clearance anywhere. I am just glad that it worked out. So great news to find out that it does fit well, just sucks for the people that have already ordered that wanted this. Usually the cost is staggering (since it has two LED rings, one of them being large is more expensive). It will definitely be a one off. Shout out to my buddy Lucas for originally ordering this retrofit, because he started it all. To date, I have done easily about 10 more retrofits with this particular shroud with two rings.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts