Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the mt-09's clear turn signals same size as the fz's?
If so does anyone know how I could order just the clear covers? I've been looking around but no luck so far. Or any mt owner s out the that might have one sitting around i would like to get them off ur hands for a reasonable price. Thanks in advance!^^

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well unfortunately I can confirm that the MT09 signals are not the same size. I ordered a set from a shop in Greece that I've ordered parts from before. Unwrapped them and they are smaller than the FZ09'S so I'll be ordering the rest of the parts eventually.

Reactions: Justphil135

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the info! I just thought the oem euro signals were the same size and would have been trouble free installation just by switching the covers. I would still want to get my hands on the whole signal parts if anyone's selling there's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well unfortunately I can confirm that the MT09 signals are not the same size. I ordered a set from a shop in Greece that I've ordered parts from before. Unwrapped them and they are smaller than the FZ09'S so I'll be ordering the rest of the parts eventually.
Would u happen to know how much it would cost per signal? Since it's oem I'm thinking it's not gonna be cheap..

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Thanks guys for the info! I just thought the oem euro signals were the same size and would have been trouble free installation just by switching the covers. I would still want to get my hands on the whole signal parts if anyone's selling there's.
You could try and check some of the MT09 forums and see if anyone might be selling theirs. I think the Aussie and NZ MT09's use the same ones as the Euro models. Try this link:Yamaha Spare Parts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I paid $8 each for the lenses plus $16 for shipping. Let me know if you want their contact information.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I will be upgrading soon to the Yamaha LED indicators, so will have a spare set of factory MT-09 indicators when that time comes.

Will post up for sale in case anyone still wants.

NOTE: The Aussie indicators do not utilise the running lights.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I will be upgrading soon to the Yamaha LED indicators, so will have a spare set of factory MT-09 indicators when that time comes.

Will post up for sale in case anyone still wants.

NOTE: The Aussie indicators do not utilise the running lights.
If it's possible can you let me know what shipping might cost to the US?

·
Registered
962 Posts
I paid $8 each for the lenses plus $16 for shipping. Let me know if you want their contact information.
I'd like it too - I've been ordering from Canada, but even they can't get some things. A contact in UK wanted to charge me $52 to ship the plastic top box adapter plate so I could use my Yamaha top box on my other bike too. Add in the cost of the plate and I can get a whole Givi with an adapter plate... A year from now I'll be able to buy the adapter plate from my local dealer - poor parts distribution Yamaha. The America's account for a large portion on Yamaha's income - so it pisses me off that they treat us like thied class behind the AP and Euro markets. Euro gets the MT07, for about the same cost and weight we get an air cooled SR400 single with spoke wheels and a drum rear brake. WTF Yamaha? I owned a 1980 SR500 and enjoyed it - but I don't want a smaller version of the bike with the only upgrade being fuel injection - I want a WR450R or a WR450 engined SR/FZ4.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The shop I've been dealing with is called Moto Matakos in Thessaloniki, Greece and their e-mail contact is [email protected] All you have to do is provide the MT09 parts numbers you are looking for and they will quote pricing and shipping for you. Shipping time from them to me in Texas has averaged 14 business days and everything has always been packaged quite well. They've always been great to deal with and very helpful. Tell them Chris from Texas sent you if you do order from them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts