Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Fender Eliminator kit off of eBay and it came with new LED turn signals for the rear. When installing I spliced the the old fender's OEM connectors but now I can't get the front or back turn signals to come on. I've replaced the 7.5A fuse under the right air scoop and still nothing. Hazards don't work and even when I unplug the new tail lights the instrument cluster will not indicate i've hit the turn signal.

Please Help.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Start by undoing either the front or the rear and see which set is working. Sounds like you have crossed up your ground with two of them. I would start with undoing the fronts first since they are three wire. Here is the thing to think of. The ground wire will be the same color on either side, and the running lights will be of similar colors, whereas the blinker will be a totally different color on either side of the bike.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Make sure nothing is grounding out and everything is connected properly. From my experience it's the 10A fuse that is the culprit. It's labeled for something else, not the signals. It's right next to the one for the signals.

Also when switching out to LED's its a lower load on the flasher and sometimes that is enough to not make it flash at all.

Most likely it's the 10A fuse.

-Shannon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Make sure nothing is grounding out and everything is connected properly. From my experience it's the 10A fuse that is the culprit. It's labeled for something else, not the signals. It's right next to the one for the signals.

Also when switching out to LED's its a lower load on the flasher and sometimes that is enough to not make it flash at all.

Most likely it's the 10A fuse.

-Shannon
Right on! That was it, thanks for the help! It's labeled "Parking"

Dom

·
Registered
19 Posts
Im having a problem like this but my left signals work and my right doesnt.. I switched out the 10a fuse because it was blown. My hazards arent working as well

·
Registered
157 Posts
Im having a problem like this but my left signals work and my right doesnt.. I switched out the 10a fuse because it was blown. My hazards arent working as well
If you recently switched out your signals to led's there is a chance one of the wires is crossed or grounded since one side works. Otherwise if it was the flasher, nothing would work and you wouldn't have blown a fuse. Double check everything and try it again. Good luck.

-Shannon

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue. Only the left signals work and when I flip the right signals on they all stop. If i flip to left after, they do not work either. Also, flashers do not work either. However, if I wait awhile with the bike on, the left will work again until I flip to right signal. Also If I turn the bike off, wait a couple second and turn it back on the left signal will work again but when flipping the right on, they both wont work, and repeat. Ive checked all the fuses and connections and everything is fine. Do you think this is a relay issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having the same issue. Only the left signals work and when I flip the right signals on they all stop. If i flip to left after, they do not work either. Also, flashers do not work either. However, if I wait awhile with the bike on, the left will work again until I flip to right signal. Also If I turn the bike off, wait a couple second and turn it back on the left signal will work again but when flipping the right on, they both wont work, and repeat. Ive checked all the fuses and connections and everything is fine. Do you think this is a relay issue?
Has anyone solved this issue?
I'm having the exact same issue and no idea where to turn next.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm getting 12v at the signal switch.
I'm getting 0v front and rear right signal wire.

That wires seems buried under the tank, chasing it looks like a night mare.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I tried shorting the flasher relay to see if that was the issue. Note: both front signals were unplugged, rear were still plugged in. Left light stayed solid, right side immediately blew the Park 10a fuse.

Update: Faulty Yamaha rear LED signal. Swapped it out for some no name thing and she works.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts