Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was installing some aftermarket rear turn signals, i disconnected everything I just cut the wires going directly to the bulbs of the rear turn signals. On my bike these wires are Green/Black and Brown/Black. I touched my leads to the wires of the new signals to verify I had right and left correct the signal hyperflashed for about 2 seconds then cut off, I moved over to the other side and the same thing happened. Now none of my signals are working. The front running lights work, I have power to the rear license plate light but nothing to the turn signals. I checked every fuse I can think of including the number 4 fuse rated at 7.5 amps for the signaling system. I had the relay to correct the hyper flashing and I installed it and the problem was Not solved. I used a multimeter to check everything and I am getting power to the number 4 fuse but I am not getting any power at all to the signal relay. Is there something between the signal relay that could have blown? did my turn signal switch on the handlebars go bad?? if so why?? I only have 700 miles on the bike and have not washed it to cause a short.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im sorry guys i just saw a thread with the answer it was the 10 amp fuse for the parking lights or something it must have been the only fuse I didnt check! I had been looking on another forum and found absolutely nothing but hadnt searched enough on here! Shewww I was about to take it to a local shop to try to find the problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts