Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So I wanted to ask and see what you all think. The brake and the running light look great on the tail light but the turn is a bit dull. Is that because of the relay I need to put in?

·
Registered
406 Posts
The relay only slows down the led lighting back to normal speed. If yours flash quickly it will fix that.

·
Registered
320 Posts
From what I have seen, that is just the way that light looks. I was considering it, but the color difference between brake and turn wasn't significant enough in my opinion...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
From what I have seen, that is just the way that light looks. I was considering it, but the color difference between brake and turn wasn't significant enough in my opinion...
The only problem I've noticed is during the day. At night it's amazing. I might supplement the turns with some auxiliary leds or something.

I was also thinking maybe they're dull because the stock ones aren't LED. The conversation earlier in the thread linked to some adapters for the led conversion.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Here are the night pictures. I know nothing about cameras but I was able to play with a bit to see the light well.
brake1f.jpg
signal1.jpg

Camera doesn't capture the difference well. In person its enough to grab attention.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Decided to supplement my integrated tail light with some auxiliary turn signals. Fabricated some small L brackets and wrinkle coated them. I need to figure out how to make them running lights as well.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Got the fronts installed. Like the look but they're a bit cheap feeling. Ran out of electrical parts so I'll be enabling the running lights tomorrow. IMG_20150725_150934.jpg

·
Registered
509 Posts
Got the fronts installed. Like the look but they're a bit cheap feeling. Ran out of electrical parts so I'll be enabling the running lights tomorrow. View attachment 19345
Think I would have done them the other way and put the stalk-style signals out back and the multi-directional flush mounts up front. Looks good though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Think I would have done them the other way and put the stalk-style signals out back and the multi-directional flush mounts up front. Looks good though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! Didn't like how the flush mount signals looked. They didn't fit the shape of the stalks. I might try it though. Good call.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts