Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked them up from the post office today, unfortunately I'm going out of town for a couple of days so I won't be able to put them back on the bike until Sunday or Monday.

Just opening them up everything was good, well packaged, clean, and look just how they did when I sent them. No damage, scratches, or dings. The stock springs were included in the case as well. They also threw in a t shirt and some stickers, which was a nice touch.

I'll update with how they feel as soon as I get them back on and some miles under them. Very excited!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nick, think you can chime in on the technical aspect of what you did? I have a general idea, but the specifics are a bit fuzzy.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I'm tired as hell so this is just a quick copy/paste from another thread. Long story short, I'm extremely pleased and can't wait to get some more miles on more varied roads put under them. When I do I'll be sure to let you guys know.

The Stoltec forks.... Good god, the forks. I haven't made any adjustments to them yet, not sure if I will (who am I kidding, I will, as I can't leave anything alone). They don't feel particularly stiff, but they feel much more even, I guess. They feel more like my '14 Striple, which is nothing but a good thing. Do need to tinker with the shock a bit, as it didn't quite feel in sync with the front end, but I'm not sure if I can really get that dialed in with the stock shock. I'm sure I can get it close enough for now. Anyway, the front end felt much better leaning, accelerating, braking, and going over a good bit of uneven road surface, such as dish and sharp edged potholes, lane reflectors, rumble strips, and one good sized seam where it changed from asphalt to concrete. Overall I'm very impressed and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Glad you were able to get them installed and manage some seat time. Send a quick email to our [email protected] account when you get a chance. Thanks for the quick update!
Sweet!!!!

Seeing as the 2017+now has separate rebound/compression forks muck like installing cartridges in the 2014-16 FZ's, how would this kit (with the proper springs) compare to say, and Andreani kit? Asking for an canyon carving friend... who hopes to get back to track days soon... :)

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Sweet!!!!

Seeing as the 2017+now has separate rebound/compression forks muck like installing cartridges in the 2014-16 FZ's, how would this kit (with the proper springs) compare to say, and Andreani kit? Asking for an canyon carving friend... who hopes to get back to track days soon... :)
Personally, I wouldn't swap cartridges on the 17+ FZ-09 (or the Tracer GT and whatever else will eventually get the new forks). The internals still need help, but there is no reason to throw them away. There is still a performance difference between the revalve kit and our 25 mm kit, but the cost delta doesn't make sense for all but the most serious track/canyon carvers. Most of us mere mortals won't be able to appreciably exploit the difference between them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts