Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

TST LED Turn Signals and Brake Light HELP!

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ChesterBurnet 
#1 ·
I have a 2016 FZ 09 and the previous owner installed front TST turn signals, and a TST LED Integrated Tail Light. I've had it about a year now and noticed that the front turn signals would both stay illuminated, so after watching the installation video, I noticed that the person I purchased the bike from had them wired incorrectly. I fixed the wiring, and they work correctly now.

In fixing the turn signals, I noticed that the tail light now behaves as if the brake is pressed. The tail light is constantly illuminated and pressing the brakes do nothing. Other than correcting the turn signals up front I didn't do anything to the tail light.

I've tested all the fuses, and they are all good to go.

I've tested the voltage at the tail light and two of the three prongs have a constant 12 V regardless if I press the brake or not.

I've tested the old tail light to ensure that it was not the new tail light.

The previous owner did install a TST LED Flasher Relay.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Battle

See less See more
#2 ·
is there any other electrical accessories installed on the bike? can't remember if the light came plug n' play with stock connector...if not and previous owner did the wiring, he may have placed the terminals in the wrong position in the connector. been a few years since I removed the TST light from my '15...

#6 ·
I always worry when reading about previous owners doing anything electrical to the bike, just not sure wth is up with one thing which potentially lead to another issue. wasn't sure about the sensor when you stated neither front or rear brake application had any affect on the light. just me, but I always go for the connectors and check the crimps/wire condition...glad you got it sorted, now go ride and put that stupid grin back on your face:)

#8 ·
I have a Blaster X tail light and relay from Custom LED and TST Turn signals on my FJ 09. I installed the rear set up with no problems. I was doing the front and added Blinker Genie from Custom LED so that they would function as running lights and turn signals. Unfortunately I lost 1 of the Signal mounting kits and couldn't get the wiring right so I had to deal with 2 companies to get it straightened out. I called TST and they sent me a 2nd mounting kit for free with a tracking number. I called Custom LED and the owner himself called me after closing time and spent close to an hour diagnosing the problem which turned out to be me. It's actually a very simple installation. These are 2 excellent companies with great products and great support. I wouldn't hesitate to call either if you have an issue.

https://www.customled.com/
https://tstindustries.com/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.