Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've wanted this bike for about a year. It took 6 months to sell my warrior on craigslist, one week before I went to the dealer to check them out again. Purchased it last week and picked it up today at the dealer. We got home 10 minutes before it started snowing like crazy! Sorry if the pics are dark, due to being inside away from the snow.

At the dealer before heading home: Bike ticked over to 1 mile as I rolled out the door.
Vehicle Auto part Gun

15 miles later, got home and put on OEM saddlebags, CRG levers, and Givi windscreen. Now I'll have to wait another week at least to try it out again!
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice bike man. I really like that color scheme. Welcome!
Thanks! I thought this color looked like something from the future or I-Robot.

·
Registered
654 Posts
welcome and congrats on the new bike, I share your feeling with the snow, I got mine new years eve, we have had exactly 2 days since that were above freezing and not raining......still managed to log about 750 miles on her though

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I left it below 4k rpm as suggested by the dealer for the break-in. But that taught me the top speed in 6th is 55mph, and it also showed how much torque the bike has. No matter what gear I was in it felt like there was mountains of power even between idle and 2k. What a machine...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I left it below 4k rpm as suggested by the dealer for the break-in. But that taught me the top speed in 6th is 55mph, and it also showed how much torque the bike has. No matter what gear I was in it felt like there was mountains of power even between idle and 2k. What a machine...
LOL. I couldn't help but subscribe to the "ride it like you're going to use it" philosophy when I bought mine. I did enough research, I convinced myseld on the merits of a fast, hard brake-in. I didn't have the discipline to even consider the factory recommended boption.

Weclome, and glad you are enjoying being a part of FZ-09 family. It's really the most incredible bike, all-around, I have ever ridden.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on a great choice. Your powerband description is what triples are all about. Nothing else compares.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Welcome to the World of three cylinder tuning forks!
By looking at the other stuff you have parked in your garage I'm sure you realize you now own the finest "Playbike" on the planet.
That being said I'm a little confused because I'm seeing luggage on an FZ-09 sitting next to a very nice 6th Gen VFR, a very fine sport tourer.
I'm not being negative and here's why. I also have a VFR (5th Gen) and my Niner has a luggage rack. Would you believe my wife prefers riding on the back of the FZ (after the DST seat install). She likes the upright seating position and the handholds provided by the luggage rack but the other day she started whining right after the unintentional third gear wheelie. Right now she won't get near the damn thing but it'll pass-----always has before!

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the World of three cylinder tuning forks!
By looking at the other stuff you have parked in your garage I'm sure you realize you now own the finest "Playbike" on the planet.
That being said I'm a little confused because I'm seeing luggage on an FZ-09 sitting next to a very nice 6th Gen VFR, a very fine sport tourer.
I'm not being negative and here's why. I also have a VFR (5th Gen) and my Niner has a luggage rack. Would you believe my wife prefers riding on the back of the FZ (after the DST seat install). She likes the upright seating position and the handholds provided by the luggage rack but the other day she started whining right after the unintentional third gear wheelie. Right now she won't get near the damn thing but it'll pass-----always has before!
Nice observation and I see your confusion! The FZ9 will be my only bike here soon so I wanted the bags on it. I had the Warrior and the VFR (love them both), while my wife's bike is the black Ninja 250 in the back. I'm kind of a minimalist so when I wanted the FZ9, I needed to downsize the fleet. I waited to buy the FZ9 until I sold the warrior first and used the money towards it. The VFR will be gone soon too because I bought it from a friend so he could pay for his wedding. Little does he know my wife and I are gifting it to him soon (hopefully). Still waiting to hear from his wife about whether or not they can afford the insurance *fingers crossed that they can*!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I still miss it, mine was all done up and was crazy fast, but brakes were the worst I've ever dealt with, almost killed me a couple times.
Hmmm. Mine were fine. Especially after I put on steel braided lines

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats! I'm with you - picked up my new FZ09 last Saturday, same color scheme as yours, which I love! Had the dealer install the Yoshimura fender eliminator which looks awesome. 300 kms on the clock currently, and can't wait to get out again this weekend. Lucky for me, Spring seems to have come early in Vancouver, BC - so early start to the riding season! Hope the snow stops for you soon - that bike needs some miles on it!

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Nice observation and I see your confusion! The FZ9 will be my only bike here soon so I wanted the bags on it. I had the Warrior and the VFR (love them both), while my wife's bike is the black Ninja 250 in the back. I'm kind of a minimalist so when I wanted the FZ9, I needed to downsize the fleet. I waited to buy the FZ9 until I sold the warrior first and used the money towards it. The VFR will be gone soon too because I bought it from a friend so he could pay for his wedding. Little does he know my wife and I are gifting it to him soon (hopefully). Still waiting to hear from his wife about whether or not they can afford the insurance *fingers crossed that they can*!

Questions answered and it sounds like you have a handle on the situation!
Seems like you and your wife are generous souls also, best wishes to you all.
We look foward to hearing about your adventures and experiences with the new bike but ya gotta remember to post pictures!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts