Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, here is what I have so far. I just got it home from the dealership this afternoon (Oct. 4th, 2013) and will take some more as time and mods go on......

On the showroom floor...

In front of the dealership with my salesperson/owner. We are BOTH carrying.....she is carrying outside the waistband and I'm carrying in my left front pocket

At the trailer getting ready to load up and head to the house

Finally made it home and put on the swingarm spools, tail bag, and my GPS mount and wiring....

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Duck......I am/was soooo tired of waiting and I'm so relieved that I can finally start riding it before the weather turns too bad. After we get through my Mother-in-Law's funeral, I'll start dialing in the suspension (as best I can with the stock stuff), and changing out the tires to the Dunlop Qualifiers.....Q3's. Then it's break in time!

W

·
0 Posts
Man, a funeral and a new motorcycle at the same time. That is stress of all kinds. Glad you got that bike finally. Waiting to hear your report.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey, Vern;
Now, this is gettin' a little scary. You and I both got our 09'ers on Friday, 10/04. They're both red, we have the same moustache-beard combo, we both carry.........I'll post my pics as soon as I figure out how......(fading out with Rod Serling and strains of Twilight zone theme song).........

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Looks great Vern. Thanks for figuring out what place and angle to mount the Ram handlebar ball and short extension mount for the GPS. Same setup I used on the WR. You just saved me an hour. :encouragement:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Awesome! Glad ya got it FINALLY! Helluva trailer you got there too =)

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think what everyone wants to know at this point, how's it ride?

I bought it and brought it home and put it in the garage. it's going to have to sit until next week as my Mother-in-Law passed away and obviously that is first priority for Peggy and I. Trust me though, I'll put it through its paces after the tire change out and break in next weekend.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Triplethreat: Much Congrats on the bike. "Its been a long time coming." On a more serious note - Please know that my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. And I would venture to say that many on this forum would say the same. Be of good heart, and be encouraged. God Speed and Ride Safe.

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers......it is very much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Here are a few pics of the trailer......

Here is what I use to tow the trailer. 2011 F250 with the new 6.7 Ford Diesel motor...

Here are a couple of the outside of the trailer....

Inside the trailer, shot from the rear....

And of course, the reason that we need the trailer in the first place. Neither bike is street legal and are strictly track bikes. This picture was taken at Little Talladaga a couple of years ago......

1 - 20 of 41 Posts