Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Just thought I'd introduce myself and give you an idea of my moto landscape. I live in SW Virginia and am lucky enough to be positioned near one of many 'honey holes' on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I commute by motorcycle every day, but - before you think I'm some masochist - let me say that my round trip commute is less than 4 miles. Sure, I could take the car, but if I don't ride at least once a week I get grumpy.
This isn't my only motorcycle. Heck, it's not even my only triple. I also have a Daytona 675 that has got to be in the top 3 of sexiest looking and sounding motorcycles. I don't see ever getting rid of it. What I do see getting rid of is my NC700X. Yes, I have a Honda NC700X. Sure, it's stupid practical. Sure its tank storage is super convenient. And yes, it's a Honda so it'll weather the apocalypse and still start on the first try. There's even more good things that I can go on about, but there's one thing that I can't say it does, and that is thrill me. I've never purchased a new motorcycle until that one, and believe me, I deliberated over it forever. But the FZ-09? I bought it before it was out of the crate and don't have a single bit of remorse. No, it's not the looker like the Daytona is. No, it's never gonna pull down 68 mpg like the NC can. But so what! It's got huge hairy balls and it wears them naked. Proudly!
I can't wait to make it my do-it-all bike. In pursuit of that, I will not leave well enough alone. I'm sure I'll tidy up the tail, maybe find some LED blinkers, and wire up a USB port for my phone/GPS. In the near future I'd like to add luggage (preferably hard) and maybe an exhaust, though the latter is truly unnecessary. After my first ride on it, I'm contemplating a different (lower?) handlebar too. That being said, I look forward to getting advice from the community and giving back when I can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts