Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tristan at TripageLED came up with another excellent product. I have installed and used his flasher relay most of this week; everything works as he describes in the thread in his supporting vendor section.

http://www.fz09.org/forum/56-tripageled/8957-new-product-available-pre-order-sale-pricing.html

The flasher arrived by US Mail, and I was looking forward to getting started. Although the installation isn't difficult, I took many photographs to document the installation and setup on stock turn signals and will post them in this thread.

FLASHER-TripageLED-Flasher-Relay on Flickr

My first steps were to replace the stock rear turn signal bulbs to remain within the flasher's 60 watt rating...

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Removing the stock rear turn signal bulbs requires a few steps as shown in this post. The photos show work on the right side only, but the same work occurred on the left.

Stock Bulb 1:
FLASHER-A-LEDbulb-01 on Flickr

Stock Bulb 2:
FLASHER-A-LEDbulb-02 on Flickr

Stock Bulb 3:
FLASHER-A-LEDbulb-03 on Flickr

Stock Bulb 4:
FLASHER-A-LEDbulb-04 on Flickr

Once the same work is completed on both sides of the FZ-09, the new LED bulbs are operational. With the stock flasher still installed, I noted the "hyperflash" or very fast flashing that often occurs when LED bulbs are operating with a stock flasher.

Next up was to remove the stock flasher and install the TripageLED flasher relay...

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Out of its package came the flasher relay, and everything looked just right for installation...

FLASHER-B-Flasher-01 on Flickr

After removing the rear seat, the installation moved forward...

Flasher Install 1:
FLASHER-B-Flasher-02 on Flickr

Flasher Install 2:
FLASHER-B-Flasher-03 on Flickr

Flasher Install 3:
FLASHER-B-flasher-04 on Flickr

The installation work near the battery was now complete. Setting up the optional brake light wire was next...

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I had never used the type of T-tap (or Posi-tap) included with the flasher relay and wasn't quite sure how it worked. This all seems obvious now, but not then. One of my daughters volunteered to help out as I took photos...

Brake Light Wire 1:
FLASHER-C-TTap-01 on Flickr

Brake Light Wire 2:
FLASHER-C-TTap-02 on Flickr

Brake Light Wire 3:
FLASHER-C-TTap-03 on Flickr

Brake Light Wire 4:
FLASHER-C-TTap-04 on Flickr

Brake Light Wire 5:
FLASHER-C-TTap-05 on Flickr

The installation was now complete. Programming the flasher relay was next...

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Getting close now! Programming the flasher relay isn't difficult, but this post includes a few ideas on the process with my daughter's help...

Flasher Programming 1:
FLASHER-D-Pgm-01 on Flickr

Flasher Programming 2:
FLASHER-D-Pgm-02 on Flickr

Flasher Programming 3:
FLASHER-D-Pgm-03 on Flickr

Flasher Programming 4:
FLASHER-D-Pgm-04 on Flickr

Flasher Programming 5:
FLASHER-D-Pgm-05 on Flickr

Having selected the flasher program and shutoff countdown, the first test was a success...

FLASHER-TripageLED-Flasher4-onetwo-right on Flickr

Click to view animated GIF... https://1drv.ms/i/s!ApCf_Tjo60Kej4Q7bkZ0cq41O6mCkw

The first time I saw the flasher relay operating, I knew this was a superb upgrade!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did the white wire come from ?
Nice catch! My preference is to avoid cutting or splicing stock wiring. So I made a pass-through extension for the tail/brake light with compatible Yamaha modular connectors on both ends. The three wires shown, but their sources not revealed, tap into the extension rather than the stock wiring. Tapping the stock wire would work also, but I chose an extra step.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i set mine to 1 for self cancelling but it dont self cancelling, wathever i set it to 0-1-2-3-4 or 5 (i have the first version and it only have 1 to 5), any solution since i buy this for self cancelling function???

the flasher rate work perfect

·
Vendor
766 Posts
i set mine to 1 for self cancelling but it dont self cancelling, wathever i set it to 0-1-2-3-4 or 5 (i have the first version and it only have 1 to 5), any solution since i buy this for self cancelling function???

the flasher rate work perfect
After pressing both buttons push the button without the white dot. This will get you to self cancel mode. Your signal will flash to indicate which self cancel you have selected. 1-9 flashes

·
Registered
262 Posts
What is the the button without the white dot, i have the button for flash mode and the other for self cancelling mode, confused

·
Registered
262 Posts
my version dont have the green wire to cut brake signal

·
Registered
262 Posts
ok it work, it seem that i have older version and i need to put it at 2 blink for 100 cycle cancellation witch is very longer than the 5 second first new version!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Do i need to cut the brake wire & connect the t-tap connector to the wire or only connect the t-tap wire to the brake wire?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I connect it to the yellow brake wire of the tail light connector as in the instructions but self-cancel function still dont work and i program it to 2 blink that was supposed to give 10 seconds before the flasher self-cancelling, any tips?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Should i need to run with the bike to active the sel-cancel function???

·
Registered
262 Posts
Work perfect like it should now, thank you Tristan from Tripage for your help and patience, the problem was that i have a rizoma tail light and the yellow oem wire was the red on the rizoma! 100% customer service from Tripage, i never see a so perfect and rapid response to email from a seller!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
4 Participants
JEAN-ROCH
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
We’re the largest Yamaha forum for owners and enthusiasts of the FZ-09 and MT-09. The site has thousands of topics covering performance and reliability, photos, videos and more!
Full Forum Listing