Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All - recently picked up the P-series light from Mr. Page in order to improve my ability to night ride and (hopefully) be a bit more visible while splitting. Figured I'd post a few photos/instructions on what it took, if for nothing than to show how easy a swap it is. I didn't try to take any photos of the light itself at night - it seems those never really show up well - but I can say that it's a much brighter light (hard to say, but probably 35%+) than stock, has a whitish glow, and I'm very pleased with the product

Pre- removal

Removal of the existing bulb is pretty basic when following the service manual. Just a couple hex heads (I think 4mm) on the side of the bucket and then gently pop the front end off. Once it's off, disconnect bulb and you'll see this

Unhinge the wire holding the bulb in and put your shiny new bulb in. Be sure to give a gentle clean if you've happened to touch anywhere near the diodes

Since the P-series has a fan on the back, you'll have to remove a bit of the rubber boot on the stock setup. This ended up being good for me, as I had accidentally ripped the boot (in the perfect place) when putting it on the new bulb. You can see the section I cut out in my left hand

Then you just need to find a way to fit it back into the bucket. I was at a severe disadvantage because of this rats nest I had as a result of my aftermarket LED signals. I love the motogadget pin indicators, but they come with a ridiculous length of wire and an in-line resistor. I managed to fit everything in, but I'll eventually go back and remove some of the extraneous signal wiring I have. Fitting the assembly back in was the only step that took more than 90 seconds

Once back in, you just need to put the two bolts back in, adjust the light level (if necessary, mine was fine as is), and you're good to go!

Thanks to Tripage again for the quality product

·
Registered
14 Posts
I installed the Tri-page P-series bulb last week. I am very happy with the light output and it really made a huge difference being able to ride at night. Like others have said, there is a very definitive cut-off line with the low beam. So far i have not had any other drivers flash me for being too bright.

It was a bit of a challenge to install it though. I could not find a way to mount the control unit inside of the bucket no matter what i did. I passed it through the hole in the RH rear of the bucket and zip-tied it to a harness. I hope this unit is waterproof, if so it should be OK. Time will tell but so far very happy with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts