Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So I purchased my slightly used 2014 FZ-09 on December 30th. Two weeks later a buddy and I went to the Dragon from Atlanta, GA and then up to Somerset, KY. It was a little over 1000 miles round trip. It was one hell of a way to break in my bike! My Givi Easylock bags help up well and most of my camping stuff went into the bag strapped down on top. I even managed to carry 3 bundles of firewood. All in all it was a great trip and can't wait to hit the road again. Hope you enjoy the photos.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Mode of transport Transport
Tent Tree Vehicle Lawn Grass
All-terrain vehicle Vehicle State park Trail Tree

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Nice! If it wasn't about the fact that I need a whole day of riding just to get the hell out of Florida... I'll be there every weekend. Either riding, hiking or camping. I felt in love with the Smokies last summer and even spend few days with my wife during the Xmas holidays.

I won't mind making it a whole week trip sometime next summer. I just don't want to do it alone... we'll see.

·
Vendor
2,404 Posts
Nice! If it wasn't about the fact that I need a whole day of riding just to get the hell out of Florida... I'll be there every weekend. Either riding, hiking or camping. I felt in love with the Smokies last summer and even spend few days with my wife during the Xmas holidays.

I won't mind making it a whole week trip sometime next summer. I just don't want to do it alone... we'll see.
Yeah, my trip last year really opened my eyes to the harmony of moto, nature, and incredible roads.

·
Super Moderator
4,452 Posts
Now that is the way to get in sync with your new bike!
Your road trip sounds like it was a good time.
We will be waiting for your next report.

And...don't forget to check the events section for upcoming meets.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Welcome to the MACHINE!
GREAT color!
Good purchase...FZ-monster.
Hoping to ride that area this coming season.
Thx for sharing...encouraging! ;)

Please mark the "MEMBER MAP" for your general location, thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are a few more pics:

Motor vehicle Transport Vehicle Automotive tire Scooter
Sky Water Lake Loch Evening
Body of water Water resources Water Nature River
Trail Vehicle Natural environment Forest State park
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Off-roading

Also, I updated my member map address. Ridetofish looks like we're mighty close!

Video to come soon once my buddy uploads it to youtube. Nothing too exciting I'm afraid but I figured I'd post it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts