Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on eBay to buy a T-Rex Front Triple Tree stand paid for it then get and e-mail saying there out of stock in the black and asked if I wanted a gold one.I e-mailed them back 3 x saying no I want a refund for 2 days nothing.So I called down to Dallas and the guy still tried to sell me the gold one.He gave me this big sales pitch about how it was better than the black.I said I don't care just refund Paypal.He put's me on hold and comes back on the phone and says the manager has decided to send a better one that's black that we don't sell to the internet because it doesn't come apart and cost more to ship we will absorb the added cost of shipping.I said okay thank you.
The next day I get a cancellation from eBay saying they are going to refund you our money I e-mail them no response then I just see I was refunded .What a joke great communication never again will i buy from them.Buyer beware.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Pit Bull for your paddock stand needs!

·
Registered
192 Posts
For stands.....just get Pitbull, as mentioned before. It only hurts once, when you pay for it. Many of the others will hurt every time you touch them.

·
Registered
337 Posts
+ 1 for Pitbull - buy them and have the set for life.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a Vortex for the rear which is really beefy. I wanted a front triple Vortex but they don't make them any more.Might just have to go with a front triple I like the option of triple or under shock housing.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I don't know why anybody would care what color the stand would be.

I use a Lockhart Phillips, which was just a bit too short, so made a longer pin with 3/4 higher shoulder.

Works fine.

Reactions: Travis and Niner

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I purchased Trex stands a long time ago for my other bikes, they are great products. I don't recall having issues the way I've been reading, but there a number of things that can happen within a company that can lead to this type of service.

I've been thinking about picking up some stands from cyclegear, they are pretty good value. i'm always sceptical about cyclegear stuff, but I've seen these stands first hand and they look decent.

SPEEDMETAL - Rear Aluminum Pro Race Stand - Rear Stands - Stands - Accessories - CycleGear - Cycle Gear

Their price is a bit high right now, but if your on their mailing list you will see they have sales on these for much less from time to time.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know why anybody would care what color the stand would be.

I use a Lockhart Phillips, which was just a bit too short, so made a longer pin with 3/4 higher shoulder.

Works fine.
I like things to look the same just me every one has a choice mine was black if your out of stock quit trying to sell something you dont have that was my issue.

·
Registered
143 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts