Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had Traxxion Dynamics do two of my bikes. A Goldwing and my Gixxer 600 track bike. These guys know what the heck they are doing and do quality work.

The FZ-09 is known to have a budget minded suspension. And yes, a full AK-20 and Penske setup is not cheap, but neither are the results. The handling will improve vastly and the ride will be much better as well.

I don't own an FZ-09 yet, but when I pull the trigger on one, it won't be long before I make the short trip from Nashville to Woodstock, GA for a visit.

Really glad to have these guys as part of the forum!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I had the guys in Woodstock send the cartridges to Nashville. They are the best. Now all I need is some spare time to pull my forks apart again.

I used to live in Atlanta and avoid the trip at all costs. Have you been up I-575 lately? It is insane like Acworth.

·
Registered
65 Posts
+1 on Traxxion. I made the trip from Nashville to Woodstock a few weeks ago to get the Penske and forks done. They know their stuff and are reasonable and friendly to work with.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to see other Nashvegas citizens on here. We need to organize a moto maintenance day. I'm currently trying to sell my house in Alabama and get moved back to Nashville, so I'm sans garage and sans bike for that matter. But as soon as I get settled I'm pulling the trigger. I hate not being able to ride. If I can't ride, I'm always happy to lend a hand wrenching or just drinking beer and watching. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Middle TN has had a pretty good showing on the forum with quite a few local FZ09's. As a matter of fact, I spent the last few hours chasing fellow forum member DMVMechanics around the twisty backroads of Franklin county on his new FZ. I'm glad to see we'll be adding another local FZ soon. I'm such a nice guy I'll even offer up space in my garage if you want to go ahead and pick up that FZ now. I'll take good care of it and even take it out for an occasional ride to exercise the gaskets until you get a garage of your own.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Middle TN has had a pretty good showing on the forum with quite a few local FZ09's. As a matter of fact, I spent the last few hours chasing fellow forum member DMVMechanics around the twisty backroads of Franklin county on his new FZ. I'm glad to see we'll be adding another local FZ soon. I'm such a nice guy I'll even offer up space in my garage if you want to go ahead and pick up that FZ now. I'll take good care of it and even take it out for an occasional ride to exercise the gaskets until you get a garage of your own.
Hey, spending the night in Tellico Plains, right at the beginning of the Skyway. Will be riding east tomorrow continuing on the BRP.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I've had Traxxion Dynamics do two of my bikes. A Goldwing and my Gixxer 600 track bike. These guys know what the heck they are doing and do quality work.

The FZ-09 is known to have a budget minded suspension. And yes, a full AK-20 and Penske setup is not cheap, but neither are the results. The handling will improve vastly and the ride will be much better as well.

I don't own an FZ-09 yet, but when I pull the trigger on one, it won't be long before I make the short trip from Nashville to Woodstock, GA for a visit.

Really glad to have these guys as part of the forum!
+1.

Dan and the boys dialed in my ZX6-RR shock for me. Plus I got in on the 25% off deal on the ak-20's.

My FZ is a dream to ride. It goes where you point it now. Before it had a bit of a mind of its own.

Did I mention their excellent customer service?

Actually it's beyond excellent. Gotta say probably the best friendly service I have ever had when dealing with things motorcycle. :cool:

·
Registered
342 Posts
I am just outside memphis and have decided to let them service my bike, gonna drive down this fall and get the front/rear upgraded...

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Traxxion dynamics is great! I worked with Lee and Dan and they really did well taking care of the parts and getting them back to me and the upgrades are great performing parts.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I installed ak 20 carts and a Penske. Bike is transformed. Not cheap and unless you ride hard, is overkill. but with this package and about 8mm drop in the forks, it is right where I like it. But now my tires need replacing!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I installed ak 20 carts and a Penske. Bike is transformed. Not cheap and unless you ride hard, is overkill. but with this package and about 8mm drop in the forks, it is right where I like it. But now my tires need replacing!
So you have 8mm of the AK 20 fork cap protruding above the top of the top triple clamp, yes?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts