Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

First post here!

So I've had my 2019 MT-07 for over a year now and I go on some short trips with my girlfriend with her riding as pillion. We usually take a well packed back pack, but as we want to try go on longer trips we're looking into luggage accessories.

As this is my first bike, I have no experience with any luggage accessories. Would anyone have any advice on any Panniers/ saddle bags that would not affect a pillion's comfort or ability to sit safely on the rear? I would consider a top box, but I'm trying to leave that as a last resort !

Hopefully a touring bike in the near future would make trips much more enjoyable :)

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I got the below bags from a fellow forum member and had no complaints on this last summers road trip (~3,500 miles).

But if I'm in your shoes I'd probably go with a tank bag (I use kreiga's us-20 and a tank mount). If you're just going for an occasional short trip that should compliment the backpack very well and you wouldn't have to worry about rubbing rear tire or messing with rear turn signals or any of that jazz. Plus I find the saddle bags to be more cumbersome than a tank bag personally.

Reactions: motojet

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got Cortech soft bags that I occasionally throw on my FZ with a tent bungie corded over the top. You can mount then far enough back that they won't interfere with your passenger pegs in any major way but they will rub the plastic backs of your rear signals if you still have the factory ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.