Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got everything mostly installed on my beast. Went out to test ride everything. I was in second trying to QS up to third and all I got was really high revs catipulting me forward. I slowed down then tried again with the same result.

When I did upshift with the clutch pulled in, I heard a discernible increase in revs almost every time I upshifted...hmmmmm I wondered

Bummed (because I was trying to make a day ride out of it), I had to go back to primitive ways of using a clutch for everything. I had previously had an OEM QS that I sold for this beast.

Came home and made an apt with Dr. Dealership then took a nap.

It is then when I woke up and thought to myself, maybe this is a lot simpler than I thought.

Review the instructions, I realized something...

As you can see based upon the instructions, the Dual Direction sensor(component that ‘senses’ and up or downshift) HAS A DIFFERENT SENSING for the MT-10, R6, R1. For our beloved FZ/MT-09’s has you can see in the lower right hand corner of the page I drew a primitive diagram to help myself understand how our bikes are worked

End result is this. There are two plugs/four wires that run from the sensor.

One plug has a blue and green wire. This plugs into your OEM QS plug using the included(with translogic kit) adapter.

The other plug has a red and yellow wire coming from it. This goes to the blue and green plug that comes from the Blip ECU.

All this is of course STANDARD shifting. For GP shifting ignore all of this.

And if you’re looking for more install instructions I recommend the following video:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi! May i ask, does it blip if you manually downshift (using the clutch lever)? I have the Intellishift QS for my 09 and was thinking of adding on the BA.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,218 Posts
are you sure you don't have the sensor or wires backwards, so your upshifting but it thinks your downshifting and blipping the throttle, sure sounds like it

sorry just read it again and you realized that's what you did

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts