Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to crazy. I don't know is an illusion or real. When I shift to N gear and loosen the clutch, I can feel a slight vibration and hear little noise from the engine/transmission. But when I squeeze the clutch, the vibration and noise are gone. Is that normally happens to your bike or something went wrong with my transmission?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm going to crazy. I don't know is an illusion or real. When I shift to N gear and loosen the clutch, I can feel a slight vibration and hear little noise from the engine/transmission. But when I squeeze the clutch, the vibration and noise are gone. Is that normally happens to your bike or something went wrong with my transmission?
Ah that sucks mate looks like you have the rare case of a bad transmission ….

Just kidding it’s completely normal . Our bikes and especially our clutches make a lot of noise . If you search this forum you will see this question gets asked pretty much every other month . I suggest wearing some earplugs and just enjoy the bike and not worry :) These bikes have been proven pretty dang reliable and not to much to worry about

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah that sucks mate looks like you have the rare case of a bad transmission ….

Just kidding it’s completely normal . Our bikes and especially our clutches make a lot of noise . If you search this forum you will see this question gets asked pretty much every other month . I suggest wearing some earplugs and just enjoy the bike and not worry :) These bikes have been proven pretty dang reliable and not to much to worry about
Hey dude, you really scared me!
However, thanks for sharing the transmission info.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If you put it in N and let out the clutch, that means you're not riding. You should be riding. The more you ride, the bigger your smile. Your smile muscles get a good workout when you ride, this is a good thing.

I second the earplug suggestion. Then go riding some more. And when you get back, plan your next ride. That's what I do.

Today, I went for a burger...60 miles from home. Then I took the long way back. Did my clutch make noise? Don't know, don't care. I was too busy smiling!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.