Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone planning to trade in FZ09 for FZ07, can you share your pros and cons on your decision.

Anyone who owns both? Can you please give us some reviews on advantages and disadvantages on both.

If someone already did what was the trade off price? (otd price for fz07 and trade in price on fz09)

Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Trading in the FZ09 for the FZ07 would financially be really bad (most likely)

Bikes don't exactly depreciate the same as cars, but you will still take a pretty large hit in resale value. You would have to save a lot on insurance to offset the cost :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hell no, the FZ07 is cool and all but the 9er is much more powerful!

·
Registered
213 Posts
The only reasons that I can see somebody trading an FZ09 for an FZ07 is if they either are intimidated by the power of the 09 or they want the better gas mileage of the 07.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Anyone planning to trade in FZ09 for FZ07, >>>>>>>>>>Hell no.

Can you share your pros and cons on your decision.

Anyone who owns both? >>>> Yep.

Can you please give us some reviews on advantages and disadvantages on both.

More power on the FZ 09, better gas milage and 15 Lbs lighter weight on the FZ 07.

FZ 07:lower neck / shorter forks gives more choices on front end conversions.

If someone already did what was the trade off price? (otd price for fz07 and trade in price on fz09)

Right now, in my area , the OTD prices are almost the same , $ 8275 vs $ 8500.

Prices on FZ 07 could drop a bit more when the new bike novelty wears off in a few months.

Thanks.
FWIW, I came from a background of faster bikes, so the FZ 09 pleased me with it's

hp to weight ratio, it didn't intimidate me

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
150 Posts
I can't understand why someone would seemingly go backwards but if there are people here on the boards considering this, I'd be interested to hear why.

Reactions: Jen

·
Registered
237 Posts
You can't logically justify swapping bikes- any gas savings would be more than eaten up by the lost value selling or trading the FZ-09. If power is too intimidating, you can always ride in B mode which probably approximates the FZ-07 feel. That said, motorcycles are emotional choices so if the FZ-07 appeals to you more than the FZ-09 and you don't mind the lost $, go for it!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I plan to trade my wife's FZ-06 in for one, but my 9.......NEVER :rolleyes:

·
Registered
657 Posts
FZ-09 to FZ-07 = downgrade

So, no, I do not plan to downgrade :)

Reactions: FurY

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Nope... personally wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Pictures is all I have too look at but it looks like a steel frame with no inverted forks an no radial mount calipers. These are some of the things that I noticed right away on the 09 when it came out. So it sounds like it would be a downgrade. And it's only 74 horsepower. Plenty I'm sure just not enough for a junkie like myself.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Never. I love my bike. I think the FZ-07 is weird looking. The FZ-09 is light and has more power. You would also lose the sound and character of the triple.

·
Registered
957 Posts
The only hypothetical situation I might see wanting an FZ-07 over an FZ-09 is if I lived in a very urban area and had to travel a somewhat long distance to reach "fun" roads. Aside from that, you're better off sinking the money you'd lose in the trade into upgrades for the 09.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Yup, the only reason I would even think of the 07 is the better fuel range and the lighter weight. Hopefully, someone develops a larger tank for the 09 and I will be happy.
I could "downgrade" to smaller bikes but the FZ07 probably isn't it. The FZ09 is THE bike for me, right now.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Call me crazy but I have actually been contemplating selling my 09 for the 07. Coming from gixxers, a 600, one 750, and three 1000's it's not that the 09 is intimidating - it's actually not as mind warping. What I find myself doing is wringing all I can out of it, pushing its limits. I got away from the gixxers for this very reason. Now I find myself at it again. The 09 is an awesome bike but to suppress my desire for speed a bike with less HP may be a better option.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Call me crazy but I have actually been contemplating selling my 09 for the 07. Coming from gixxers, a 600, one 750, and three 1000's it's not that the 09 is intimidating - it's actually not as mind warping. What I find myself doing is wringing all I can out of it, pushing its limits. I got away from the gixxers for this very reason. Now I find myself at it again. The 09 is an awesome bike but to suppress my desire for speed a bike with less HP may be a better option.
Crazy:cool:

Reactions: Niner

·
Registered
213 Posts
You're crazy. Less power does not suppress desire for more speed... if you are a speed freak it will only make things worse and you'll likely end up modding the heck out of the 07 trying to get more power out of it or you'll sale it to get something faster.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts