Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I d post a compilation of my recent track day.....the thing that Struck about the bike is how tractable the engine is.....lots of short shifting and using the mid range.....so lots of fun without having to thrash the life out of it everywhere....

·
Super Moderator
4,412 Posts
Thanks for that. Looks to have been perfect weather for a track outing. And what a nice layout for bikes. Lot's of turns.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that. Looks to have been perfect weather for a track outing. And what a nice layout for bikes. Lot's of turns.
Lots of tight lefts and rights.....so agile chassis a real benefit.....my bike has upgraded suspenders which make a huge difference in the twisties...

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
It looks like you had fun, but I don't think I like the camera angle; doesn't show enough of the track ahead.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Awesome Jojo! Are you on original suspension? How did you find it? Looks like it was working well for you. And bet it was great to stretch her legs!...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks like you had fun, but I don't think I like the camera angle; doesn't show enough of the track ahead.
This is the great thing with the Gopro.....it s so easy to try different shots....I will have a go at mounting elsewhere next time out..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome Jojo! Are you on original suspension? How did you find it? Looks like it was working well for you. And bet it was great to stretch her legs!...
The suspension was changed before the track day....to be honest I would not trust the standard set up for the track....I have Andreani cartridges in the front and a Nitrox sport shock for the rear.....I also put on a set of Dunlop Q3 tyres....the bike was totally dependable all day.....the only minor issue I had was ground clearance ....so might get a set of adjustable footrests for the next track day...the motor was gorgeous...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I m thinking about doing this again in the next few weeks. if anyone is interested it s a great day out. The 09 s excellent midrange is really good for the twisties....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts