Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought Id share a few videos from my past track day. It was held at NCBike in Garysburg NC. This is my second track day and was actually my first time ever getting my knee down which was pretty exciting and very addicting. I was amazed at how much more comfortable I was compared to the first track day. After the first track day I swapped over to the .85 front springs which made a huge difference! Now only to fix that speed limiter.....

Sorry for the awesome up the crotch view but I thought the different camera angle was cool, I also managed to snag a blade of grass in my slider around 1:50

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Awesome man. Looks like a blast. Did you upgrade the rear shock also?

·
Registered
117 Posts
We're you riding with team pro motion? If you did, I am riding with them on this Sunday coming up at Pocono raceway. I am really excited for my first track day.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Obijack, I have a ZX10 shock sitting in my garage but havent gotten around to installing yet.
Chefedij, yes it was with TPM, my first one was with sport bike track time though.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Super cool.

Looks like the limiter really kicks in at 132mph, judging by the tach that's the same speed I was maxing on the straights here in Spokane.

Should have flashed that out. :(

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Super cool.

Looks like the limiter really kicks in at 132mph, judging by the tach that's the same speed I was maxing on the straights here in Spokane.

Should have flashed that out. :(
I wish I would have tried to get it done with my stoltec tune. You can really feel it kick it right around 128 you can see in the video it pulls very hard up to 125 the all of a sudden the acceleration is gone and it slowly creeps to 132 as the buttterflys start being limited.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
The flash won't undue the speed limiter.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The flash won't undue the speed limiter.
not yet anyways..

@David

Great vids, is it me or is your puck grinded all the way down on onside.. looks like you may have grinded the leather a bit?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^ I saw that too, needs to spin his pucks around and move them up a bit
Yupp luckily a little bit of leather cream made the scuff go away completely. Its something with my body position because my right side puck was ground down almost perfectly flat and even while the left side was off, I eventually corrected it. But ive already ordered a set of Klucky pucks. I still had 2 more 20 minute sessions after the one in the video and there wasnt much left of either.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
davidz28, which windscreen is that on your bike? I like the height of it. Can you notice a difference at all when you're at speed, if it actually helps cut through the wind, improve aerodynamics at all?
Its the Ermax 25cm screen. Yes it helps quite a bit it really keeps the wind off my chest and shoulders but its not quite enough to get it over my helmet. Ive thought about adding a little spoiler to help with this but overall im very pleased with it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Its the Ermax 25cm screen. Yes it helps quite a bit it really keeps the wind off my chest and shoulders but its not quite enough to get it over my helmet. Ive thought about adding a little spoiler to help with this but overall im very pleased with it.
Thanks! Good to know, definitely high on my list of stuff I want to get for my 09

1 - 15 of 15 Posts