Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to Chuckwalla on saturday (June 7th)

This was the first track day for this bike. I road in the "A" group with TrackDaz.com Its definitely different that riding a sport bike, but you can still go really fast on it!

The video shows one full lap and then a few other cool passing shots. I do enjoy passing R6's and R1's on this thing.

Hope you like the video!

·
Super Moderator
5,752 Posts
Looks like you had a great time. Nice video for sure!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha, yup, Mr. Rich running up the inside. The FZ is quick, but not much chance in that match up :star::hello:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice video! Looks like the camera was mounted to the fender or possibly hanging from the bottom triple clamp? Clean sound too, all engine, no wind noise.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, sticky mount on top of the fender. Good intake sound, no exhaust sound at all tho. It's funny to me that it is that smooth without suspension.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
I went out to Chuck this past October for the New Racer School. My first time at the track and I was out there in A group with all the racers. That was interesting.

I'll be back there in the spring most likely, only on the R6. I won't have the room for the FZ unless I manage to buy a trailer between now and then.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Awesome picture, Do you have rear sets? I just started doing some track days and have been dragging my toe sliders quite a bit, have you had any issue with dragging pegs?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PBnut, let me know when you go again. I'll be doing the whole race series out there in the fall. I got my license there with them.

David, I do not have rearsets. But check out this picture, I cut the tip off the peg (removed the feeler too) Those tips on the pegs are beyond stupid. First, they extend the pegs, not too bad, but worse, they are raised. This way, when you are in a corner if the ball of your foot is on that little tip, your grip area is TINY! If you cut them off and round the tip like I did, you get more grip area, more ground clearance, and it looks better IMO. I was still dragging my tows sometimes, but that was only if I was careless and didnt put my foot all the way up on the peg. I do this peg mod to all bikes. My ZX10, my gixxer, everything. So much better.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Okay excellent Ill be doing that this evening haha. I didnt even have the feelers cut off mine for the first day. But now i think im ready for a little more lean angle.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The feelers are threaded in. But yes, cut off the tip as well, just make sure to smooth out the cut so it doesn't rip up your legs

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts