Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears Yamaha has already presented a touring version of the MT-07. At least they slapped on a trunk and a wind screen. I'm not sure if there are any other differences. It's funny how they waste no time in developing models for the European market, but seem a little slower on this side of the Atlantic.

Yamaha_MT-12.jpg

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
It appears Yamaha has already presented a touring version of the MT-07. At least they slapped on a trunk and a wind screen. I'm not sure if there are any other differences. It's funny how they waste no time in developing models for the European market, but seem a little slower on this side of the Atlantic.

View attachment 747
Ain't that some sht. It actually looks damn good. They need to bring that to America. Great find. Anymore pics of it?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This pic surprised me. I had seen the same pics on all the press reveals from the Milan show. Then I tripped across this one. It appears legit. That would make a pretty cool commuter bike I think. It would have a lot more snap than the Honda NC700x. This was the only photo I saw of the touring set up. I'm surprised they didn't outfit it with saddle bags too. Maybe they don't have any that fit it just yet?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
This pic surprised me. I had seen the same pics on all the press reveals from the Milan show. Then I tripped across this one. It appears legit. That would make a pretty cool commuter bike I think. It would have a lot more snap than the Honda NC700x. This was the only photo I saw of the touring set up. I'm surprised they didn't outfit it with saddle bags too. Maybe they don't have any that fit it just yet?
No, that set-up would be great for a couple days trip. To bad there isn't a more pics from different angles.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The rear rack and case are listed on Yamaha's Canadian site for the FZ09, but no windscreens yet...

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts

View attachment 747
I don't have actual sales numbers, but the European market for this type of bike is very strong, compared to the U.S. market, which is..........not so much. I'm not saying we don't deserve the same stuff that the European market and some of the others in the world market get, but like most things in this world.......it comes down to money......specifically Profit/Loss.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know you're correct trip. It just irks me sometimes.

The same thing happens in the automotive industry. Toyota sells diesel trucks around the world, but not one in the United States. The rest of the world gets a pretty cool looking Ford Ranger pickup as well.

Perhaps we finicky Americans are victims of our own taste? I know that selling a model means providing all the necessary infrastructure in terms of parts, training, maintenance, etc... It's not just as simple as putting some new stickers on the bike, and putting them on a boat bound for California.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
there are some BIG pushes for standardizing the safety standards on a global scale to eliminate the need for different cars in the markets. There are many cars brought to the Euro market that are often left out here :( The diesel issue is separate, we simply don't have the diesel infrastructure here (thanks to some political decisions a few decades ago) that would support high volume sales of diesel powered vehicles.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
there are some BIG pushes for standardizing the safety standards on a global scale to eliminate the need for different cars in the markets. There are many cars brought to the Euro market that are often left out here :( The diesel issue is separate, we simply don't have the diesel infrastructure here (thanks to some political decisions a few decades ago) that would support high volume sales of diesel powered vehicles.
You are are correct on the safety standard issue. And there is another issue to go along with it;emissions standards. The diesel engines that are sold worldwide would never cut it in the United States. Especially in California.

We have diesel fuel available at every station, albeit a little more expensive than gasoline. I owned a diesel truck in the mid 80s, and at that time diesel fuel was cheaper than gasoline.

It would seem that a motorcycle would be easier to build to the same standard worldwide, but I'm certainly no engineer. I'm still hoping for a new release in the form of the FZ-07 by spring time. If not, my dealer will have seven -09s by then.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
That's the one thing I'm really trying to nail down, how to get a decent cargo setup so I can take road-trips. I've got buddies to go visit on weeks I don't have the kids.
I don't know how much traveling I'll do with the 09, if I do maybe will use this:
Bags-Connection EVO Cargobag motorcycle luggage system - TwistedThrottle.com
It goes on the rear seat, if you don't have a passenger it helps keep the weight forward.

Re the 07 photo at the top, it really isn't a touring version is it? Just a few added accessories.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Re the 07 photo at the top, it really isn't a touring version is it? Just a few added accessories.
Probably just added accessories but calling it a "Touring". But I like that set-up, looks good and would be good for a weekend stint.

Also looks like they have a GPS above for the display.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts